ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not a recent race, but I was inspired to post by another member's recent Ferrari encounter :)

There is a nice Ferrari 355 F1 in the area that I've seen several times traveling in the opposite direction. One day I was heading to school on the Black Horse Pike (4 lane highway), and spotted it a few cars up at a light.

Several miles down the road I was able to make my way to him, and admired the width of the car, and observed a middle aged man and his woman in the car.

I proceeded to use a semi-******* tactic that often gets me roll-on's w/cars that normally wouldn't pay my tinted, lowered, bright red '94 Subaru w/loud exhaust any mind. :D I casually passed him at 55-60 mph, looking over at him as I went by. He glanced at me, but I continued by, and moved over in front of him after several car-lengths were between us. I gradually put ~10 carlengths on him, then slowed to 35 mph in 2nd gear. Since he was doing ~55 mph, he quickly closed in on me, and moved into the passing lane, which is exactly what I wanted (its gotten me into countless roll-ons w/911's, C5's, and a Viper).

I heard the sound of his motor as he started to gun it past me. I timed his pass, and hit it so that just as he pulled even w/me, I was at full boost (16.5 psi on the 16g), and I stopped his progress, and ever so slowly walked him. He looked over at me, like wth??? We were WOT, and I creeped him to ~100 mph before he gave up and let off.

Later I looked up his car, and saw that it does the 1/4 in 13.2 @ 108 according to the link I found. I was a little dissapointed that it wasn't faster, but it made sense for a 12 second Scooby to pull him. And dam, was it satisfying to see the look of disbelief on his face as I pulled him, and to think that his woman witnessed his supercar getting pulled on by an econobox Japanese Import.:D

I was thrilled when we caught a red light together after this, but he refused to look over, and waited for me to go before he would take off, lol...some people take themselves too seriously.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
StoplightWarrior said:
damn...that's it?? I want to find one to race now!!
lol...wish it was that easy. I would love to an encounter w/an exotic in my 400 hp '02 WRX, but it was so satisfying in my 2600 lb sleeper '94 Impreza...still brings a grin to my grill:D.

These kind of encounters are one of a million...so rare, you treasure them in your heart when they come along.:)

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
annointed said:
lol...wish it was that easy. I would love to an encounter w/an exotic in my 400 hp '02 WRX, but it was so satisfying in my 2600 lb sleeper '94 Impreza...still brings a grin to my grill:D.

These kind of encounters are one of a million...so rare, you treasure them in your heart when they come along.:)
werd...I've only run into 4 vipers on the street, ever. Luckily I was either in my supercharged GT or my z28 so I hung with or beat each one (raced a 94 with my z28). I've NEVER run with a ferrari or a lambo though :(

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FutureWRX15 said:
A Ferrari is a highway monster...
A "normal" Ferrari like the 355 F1 is more of a track car, really, unless we're talking about an Enzo, F40, F50, etc....a highway monster in my book is a modified Supra, or an blown LS1 like my roommate has.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
annointed said:
A "normal" Ferrari like the 355 F1 is more of a track car, really, unless we're talking about an Enzo, F40, F50, etc....a highway monster in my book is a modified Supra, or an blown LS1 like my roommate has.
lol, werd...My good friend has a supercharged corvette and my god that thing moves from a roll :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts