ClubWRX Forum banner

321 - 335 of 335 Posts

·
I Drink & I Know Things
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #322 (Edited)
JaySin's Slow & Lame (build) Thread Towards The Inevitable Destruction of a CVT

Parts installed. Everything went well. Now JR tuned. It's definitely a little louder, but I'm glad i went with a resonated JPipe. Very little drone at all still...only a little on the highway. 'I' mode puts it back to quiet and kills the drone entirely. There is a slight odor from the comp series AOS, but it's not bad at all. The power curve is very usable and strong in the middle. It is a bit rowdy when accelerating...and it almost seems like there's a EWG on it when you let off from heavy acceleration...little louder than anticipated, but I can still deal with it as a DD. Happy w/ the results so far. Trans temps never went over 178 on the drive home from Chicago. We'll see how it fairs in city traffic.

Quick shot of the gauges...wideband AFR, trans temp and oil pressure.

Here you can sorta see the front mount aux trans cooler.

·
I Drink & I Know Things
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
~6 months on the tune and power mods.
So far, so good. I am getting a very slight drippage from the vent tube of the AOS from under the car. It seems this may be from extreme cold temps (- temps) combined w/ a couple of short drives here and there. I'm keeping an eye on it. After some oil changes, there is no sign of oil burning yet so that's good. Trans temps are good...cooler in bypass config is doing its job well.
Next week, I'm getting the front bumper stripped and repainted. The last paint job is already peeling. Apparently, there was a problem w/ the primer and they're doing a warranty repaint for me.
Other than that...same ole same ole.

·
Super Modulator
19,439 Posts
JaySin;5290976 [IMG said:
https://i.imgur.com/UP0vCUU.jpg[/IMG]
That's a pretty cool mounting location and pod for the WBO2 gauge.

·
Super Modulator
19,439 Posts
Curious -- how do you hide the wires? Drill through the dash?

·
I Drink & I Know Things
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
Curious -- how do you hide the wires? Drill through the dash?
There's a small channel built into the pod at the bottom/rear and there's a gap in the defroster vent channel large enough to avoid drilling to feed the wire down into. Full disclosure though, I did not install this as it was done during my visit to P&L while getting tuned and adding the add'l bung to my JPipe. If you pull up the vent, you can see the gap though.

321 - 335 of 335 Posts