ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a jack and 2 jack stands. I was going to buy some ramps for simplicity but my vehicle is lowered somewhat and the front scapes the ramps. The issue at hand is I do not have a service manual for my vehicle and with searching I cant find pictures of the jack points for the 2005 WRX. any help or vid would be cool, thanks.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Behind the front tires you will see a metal ridge, the side skirt opens up and the ridge gets a little taller (about 1/2") that is a spot welded part of the unibody and is very strong (ment to lift the car with) under the front bumper you will see black steel tabs hanging down on each side. Those are tow hooks. Use your floor jack to jack the car up there, place stands under lift point I talked about earlier.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Ill take some pics of my 11, it will be slightly different but youll get the idea I guess...

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
The second pic is a tow hook, jack the front of the car up with that. That tow hook on your car is going to be a black steel plate with a hole in it.. But it looks similar to the pic of mine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The second pic is a tow hook, jack the front of the car up with that. That tow hook on your car is going to be a black steel plate with a hole in it.. But it looks similar to the pic of mine.
So do i center the jack on that hook? or do I center it on the black steel place to the left of it?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
I don't bother with jacks or ramps. I just park it on a level surface and reach under. Might be harder since you're lowered, I suppose.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't bother with jacks or ramps. I just park it on a level surface and reach under. Might be harder since you're lowered, I suppose.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Yeah thats not happening with my currently vehicle height.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I had ramps back at home, but I dont have the manual for my 05. Completely aware on changing oil and filters
All I'm saying is if you need a manual to jack up your car then wouldn't you need a manual to change your oil? All cars jack points look the same, and you didn't know what a tow hook is so I was just wondering how many cars have you been under?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All I'm saying is if you need a manual to jack up your car then wouldn't you need a manual to change your oil? All cars jack points look the same, and you didn't know what a tow hook is so I was just wondering how many cars have you been under?

I need to know about tow hooks to unscrew a bolt, remove a filter, and put a new filter on? I know how to change my freaking oil son.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I need to know about tow hooks to unscrew a bolt, remove a filter, and put a new filter on? I know how to change my freaking oil son.
Sorry dad. It must be hell to know how to change oil but you can't figure out how to change a tire because you cant jack the car up. HAHAHAHAHAHA JK old man

1 - 18 of 18 Posts