Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been using a decent Allied brand 2 ton floor jack for the last 10 years for working on cars. It feels at least 80-90 lbs heavy, so I rarely pick it up. And since I lowered my car almost a year and a half ago, I have to practically jam it under the front of the car to jack it up.

So my buddy told me that Sears was having a sale on their Aluminum light weight floor jack. We went and checked it out and I had to have it. It only weights like 40 lbs, half of that Allied floor jack. It only takes 3 full pumps to get to floor jack completely raised. It took 20 on the Allied jack. And it looks and was designed VERY WELL. I am very impressed. The handle is detachable and folds up as well.

I am really stoked on my floor jack. Now I just need an excuse to use it on my car.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
What's the height of it? :) I wonder if it'll fit under my sideskirts...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
KURLEE YOU ARE MY HERO!!

I've been using this 2 ton floor jack for a while but it just doesn't get the height I need! I'm going to sears after school today! THANK YOU SO MUCH MAN!! :D :D I've been wondering where the heck to get one of this kind of jacks for a long time! :eek:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have always loved that jack as well, very nice quality. That thing is hardly ever on sale.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
can you put it under the rear diff and jack it up that way? I have tried some jacks, they couldn't reach, the handle allways hit the bumper.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
At our local Sears, the jack was $199, but my friend has a Craftsmen Club card, so I got it for $179.

I don't mind paying good money for a car jack. My old Allied jack has worked for the last 10 years, and has never given me any problems. So spending good money on a decent jack is worth its weight in gold to me. Plus I not only work on my car with it, I also do all the work on my girlfriends Honda as well.

What's the height of it?
I will measure it tonight for you. This is the first time I have been able to get to a computer since last night, since my girlfriends car broke down. So I spent the later part of last night and early this morning fixing it.

haha kurlee ure friggin avatar... i know where thats from cuz i jsut saw th emovie haha... cabin fever lol!!!
W3RD!!!! Dennis rocks. PANCAKES......PANCAKES..... LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i got one of the floor jacks they have at advanced autoparts, they had a sale back in the day. My jack is like 20 pounds or so, it does take like 20 pumps to get it all the way up..but for the 50 bucks it cost me its fine!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts