ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I have installed the UTEC on my stage 2 (now stage 3 W/FMIC), I don't have that surge of power that was present when boost comes on, like when it was stock or stage 2 w/o the UTEC. Boost now just immediatly shoots up 16 PSI and holds like a champ to 6500rpm. I'm sure my car is faster cause I have good boost down low now, which I did not have before, It just don't feel faster (If that makes any sense;) ) So my questions are: 1) What causes that "Surging Feeling" when boost comes on? 2)what is the UTEC doing that eliminates that feeling? And 3) Is there anything I can do to the boost map and/or boost gain on the UTEC to regain this "feeling"? I have read Micks most excellent tunning guide a few times but he really does not hit upon this subject very much except where he talks about boost gain.

Thanks for any input!
Justin

P.S. I'm using Closed loop boost control (v.4.2)

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
I suspect what you're seeing an increase in off boost performance. I suppose you could...errr... mess it up. :confused:

Or.... I suppose it might be that it's spooling faster. Yeah, that's actually more likely.

Take some logs. Then put it in stock mode and do some more logs.

This is a very silly problem, BTW.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
You miss your turbo lag? I guess that's understandable, sometimes it's fun to be shoved back in the seat after a few seconds of puttering along. Go get a VF22....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would never think the UTEC would have such a dramatic effect on turbo lag:confused: Taking a log in stock mode is not an option for me right now since I put on the TXS FMIC. I 'am guessing right now, when you try to push a little turbo like our stocker to the limits of spoolong as fast as it possibly can go, you lose that "throwback" that was present w/the stock parameters (not the utec parameters btw). I just find it funny my car acts more like a N/A car more now than a turbocharged one. Call me crazy but I like the lag, It reminds me I'm driving a force inducted car. Guess I'll just have to wait till I get that 18G in to regain that feeling........X10:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts