ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[begin vent] So I (obviously) own a VW... when I first purchased said car, I was approached on a certain VW forum by someone (from now on known as hot head) who said they knew someone who was starting up a new completely local forum with some really cool people.

I'm all for that.

I signed on... started PWing... and shortly after was asked to be a moderator since they didn't have any currently besides admin staff. I accepted and have tried to give positive guidance and information... supported the group at outings and drives.. etc.

Yada, yada ... basic concept is the board is owned by someone with very little 'authority' or self confidence... so, he lets the hot heads tell him what to do... one hot head in particular has hated me from the beginning... why? not sure... I think I'm a pretty easy going gal... but I do uphold HIM to the same standards and rules he sets for everyone else... and he doesn't like that...

Cut to yesterday... there was a squirmish between the hot head and one of our new members... the member was mackin on girls (isn't that part of what car forums do??? :confused: ) and the hot head didn't like it because he (literally) calls himself the FORUM PIMP... (more like nasty, toker who couldn't get a piece if it were laid in his lap)... so I told them both to take it to PM, as we don't have room for trash talk on the forum... when they didn't stop, I proceeded to delete the threatening and insulting posts they were making and REPOSTED the rules that they were not obeying... so hot head starts pming me about sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong (um... hello? mod of said forum in which this is going on)... and insulting me by saying that I must like perverts because I made an example of hot head in front of the forum when he went after the new flirty member... :rolleyes:

The last pm said something about "this will not be tolerated by a mod, expect your privileges to be revoked soon".

I figured, fine.. I'd work it out with the owner... then all of a sudden my mod privileges are gone... still thinking, fine (as hot head has pulled them before but owner has reinstated them because I've always been in the right and been doing my job as a mod whether hot head likes it or not)... and so I pmed the owner asking why my privileges had been taken away and why I was blocked out of forums...

Then, there are some replies to things I'd written, by hot head saying he wished I'd be gone... blah, blah... now there are 6 admins in the group.. but hot head was recently made VP so he's got more 'pull' (what group with less than 100 members needs 6 administrators and a pres. and vp???) ... so that had me a little worried but still, having talked to the owner yesterday and him telling me that I did everything correctly and he was sorry hot head was being a prick... I figured it would work out.

But went to sign in about a half hour ago... and I've now been banned by said hot head. :(

Tell me this isn't the most immature, unorganized, dictative forum you've ever heard of??? No warning by the owner... no discussion... I'm a mod... then I'm not... now I'm banned. :confused1

I mean, WTF???? So, I'm angry and although a part of me wants some sort of revenge (but I won't, cuz that's just not my style)... another is glad to be done with the childish drama... but like anything ... there were some really great people on there and that sucks... [/vent over]

CLIFFNOTES: I was just banned from a forum where not only was I a moderator, but was also an 'original' member, for upholding the 'rules' of the forum against another moderator... some azzhat had me banned. Now I'm angry and sad.

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
.....mmmm..... yup, this is going onto my long list of reasons not to buy a VW ;)

Sorry, couldn't help it. Um... sounds pretty stupid to me. But, at the same time, you can be fairly sure you don't want to be part of a forum where someone like hot head gets what he wants.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zem said:
.....mmmm..... yup, this is going onto my long list of reasons not to buy a VW ;)

Sorry, couldn't help it. Um... sounds pretty stupid to me. But, at the same time, you can be fairly sure you don't want to be part of a forum where someone like hot head gets what he wants.
LOL... needed that laugh.

Actually I love my car... but I would love a sUbarU even more... I'm still jealous when I get to drive beast's rex...

anyway yes... i can very safely say that I want no part of it... just still part of me that wants to make them all wear tighty whities with glowing red hot balls of lead in the front pouch while they dance on broken glass and I shoot at them with a bb rifle.

:)

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
TurboMonkey said:

anyway yes... i can very safely say that I want no part of it... just still part of me that wants to make them all wear tighty whities with glowing red hot balls of lead in the front pouch while they dance on broken glass and I shoot at them with a bb rifle.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Dude, screw them. Our forum is teh win compared to that crap (and teh win in general). Get rid of the emo-feelings-hipthickrimglassesmobile and come over to the Subie side.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So very true... I have not found more accepting (albeit, sometimes a little strange) and fun loving people than on the wrx forums... you guys have always been great. ;)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
camell0 said:
dude, she's female!

but agree .. screw 'em.
but if I were a guy it would be okay to take that literally? :confused1

:eek: bad thoughts... *shudder*

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
TurboMonkey said:
but if I were a guy it would be okay to take that literally? :confused1

:eek: bad thoughts... *shudder*
It's the way the plumbing works. We can actually cause pain. :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Zem said:
It's the way the plumbing works. We can actually cause pain. :)
oh yes... this makes sense... still though... hm....

edit: because I really, just wasn't thinking when I typed that... LOL

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
TurboMonkey said:
oh yes... this makes sense... still though... hm....

edit: because I really, just wasn't thinking when I typed that... LOL
Saw that before the edit, and was wondering what I was missing. :)

And my wit flaired to new heights but figured, based on the original problem mentioned in your story, I should keep my wit to myself....

·
Registered
2 Posts
TurboMonkey said:
just still part of me that wants to make them all wear tighty whities with glowing red hot balls of lead in the front pouch while they dance on broken glass and I shoot at them with a bb rifle.

Now thats some creative thinking! :D

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
svc said:
haha...I was gonna say, I'm staying FAR FAR away from that one :)
:eek: yeah.. i really have no excuse for that behavior... I'm a psych major... so those odd questions cross my mind... but totally inappropriate and I'm pretty sure I don't even want to know the answer...

;)

sorry bout that.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Zem said:

And my wit flaired to new heights but figured, based on the original problem mentioned in your story, I should keep my wit to myself....
LOL... hm... that might have been interesting?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Zem said:

dammat!!!! i missed it! ah well ...

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Zem said:
It involved rigorous scientific testing....
ohhh.. is THAT what they call it nowadays... :)

1 - 20 of 173 Posts