ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn that sucks 160 mph winds right now. I'm thinking its going to go north and dump rain in Atlanta so that they cancel Nopi.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thats true, I should not be worried about nopi when there are tons of people dealing with damage to their property. Hell we have had lots of flooding here as well. I went by the dam about 15 minutes from my house and they had 5 floodgates open. It was pretty crazy. One of the local Highschools football field is flooded to the horzontal bar on the goal post!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
if it comes this way hopefully the mountains of cuba weaken it a bit. ivan seems to be twice the monster that frances was, cat5 and they say its gonna strengthen.
goodbye to the keys if it follows that path :eek3:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
This years storm system is very very abnormal.

Although I do not wish damage or harm upon any of those involved in the hurricanes, I do enjoy them for one reason. I'm in a class at school about Natural Hazards and instead of lecturing, all we do is talk about the hurricanes in Florida, and the typhoons in Japan :D

Best of luck to you all once again :cool:

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
While perpetually in a state of being pleased that I am not living in Cuba, there are times that I am simply thrilled about it.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Trailboss said:
JESUS!! WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THIS YEAR'S STORM SYSTEM?!?!?
these are the consequences of taking the cats off our cars..... i hope you all have learned your lesson about keeping the environment squeaky clean!

honestly idk, maybe god is trying to take out florida

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
hellafastWRX said:
these are the consequences of taking the cats off our cars..... i hope you all have learned your lesson about keeping the environment squeaky clean!

honestly idk, maybe god is trying to take out florida
If environment is an issue. All of us should not be driving our WRX. We should all ride bicycles and put down anyone over the age of 50. :eek3:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I dont think the hurricanes really have anything to do with us destroying the Ozone, but what do I know :D

Just did a write-up on an article for class. Ivan's been through the island of Grenada in the Caribbean. It's devestated (destroyed) about 85% of the island and has killed 20 people there so far. They estimate that it hits Jamaica tomorrow and Cuba by the weekend. After that Florida is on Deck again :(

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
Ozone, not so much. But pollutants leading to global warming (or just cutting down trees)... just a few degrees average change in the oceans can have huge impacts on the weather.

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
hahahaa.... I was just thinking of people and their damn automatic sprinkler systems.... they go on when it's raining.

So I'm picturing the sprinklers coming on at that school.... and it's making me :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts