Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and much thanx to our governor Gray Davis, my registration fee went from ~$200 last year to $418. And worse things is, I hear that they're gonna triple the registration fee by next year. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
1,990 Posts
TristineLim said:
and much thanx to our governor Gray Davis, my registration fee went from ~$200 last year to $418. And worse things is, I hear that they're gonna triple the registration fee by next year. :mad:
Holy Smoke! Mine are $28.56, down from the $40+ I had for the F-150. I couldn't afford to license 4 cars in CA!

·
Registered
21 Posts
$93.50 in oklahoma... **** california.:D

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$28?!? :eek: I should really think about moving out of here after I graduate from college...

oh yeah.. another thing I love paying ~$1.90 for 91 octane "high performance" gasoline...

·
Registered
43 Posts
wow. i just filled my tank with 93 octane for $1.55 a gallon and i think thats a lot! i live in NH. i still got the 20 day plates on the car though and i'm afraid to see what the regestration is going to be.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,620 Posts
TristineLim said:
:eek: :eek:
You pay that to simply REGISTER your vehicle!?!?
God, and I complained last year because I had to pay $20 plus $10 extra to have my tinted windows checked...
Kalifornia indeed!

I think that's right; it was either $20 or $30.

·
Registered
114 Posts
$$$ registration fee, ridculous emission requirement, worst traffic in the whole nation... that's california for you, still I love LA!:D

·
Registered
432 Posts
I believe in NY I paid about $40, also via internet (no trip to DMV :D ) Regi in my mailbox 4 days later!

·
Registered
48 Posts
if you live in California then I suggest you read this:

DMV Q&A

Our Vehicle Licence Fee will be 2% of the purchase price of your car less depreciation over 11 years and takes effect on all registrations due 1st October onwards. I paid $21,900 for my car in April, next year my VLF will be $400. You will only pay $1,000 if your car cost @ $50,000.

ml2316, we DO pay sales tax in CA, the rate depends on which county you live in, I paid 8% or $1,752 on $21,900. The worst part about it is that you still pay sales tax even on second hand cars. Thank about that for a second, the average car probably has 3 or 4 owners before the junk yard.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts