ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are suppose to get 6-8 inches of snow today in central IL and it's coming down right now.

It will be my first time with AWD and I have a few parking lots lined up.

·
"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout"
4,124 Posts
Snowing in Detroit too.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ahhhhrrrrrrrr When are we going to get ours? Come on old man winter get it in gear
Minnesota needs snow, I can't take much more of this. I need snow!!!!!!!! :unhappy:

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
i live in Denver and we haven't really managed to get one big solid snow yet. we've had a few 2-4 inchers so far, but its gone by the next morning and just leaves patches of deadly black ice.. then they're gone by noon. DAMN THIS PERFECT WEATHER!!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
it must be nice, i live on a tropical island. i wish i was back at my last base at Misawa... the northern most base that snow like crazy out there.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
old_duwel said:
it must be nice, i live on a tropical island. i wish i was back at my last base at Misawa... the northern most base that snow like crazy out there.
a lot of people in the nothern part of the us would give anything to live on a tropical island. lol

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I just got back from spinning around in the parking lots. What a blast, the snow was deep though more than I thought it would be. I got stuck twice when I stoped and it took 30 seconds to get out of the snow. That sucked, I got up to about 20 and just spun around in circles.

This is my first experiance with snow and AWD and wow I can't believe how well it drives I was doing 35-40 when everyone else was doing 20-25 and the car didn't even try to skid, very impressed.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
with proper tires and awd they kick arse in snow. but watch out for ice. nothing grips on ice but studs. 4wd is great until all 4 wheels spin with zero traction. zero traction = zero control, and zero brakes. drive smart and you'll be fine. thats how winter accidents happen.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
<--- is hoping it will start snowing here in northern california soon.......... :wiggles:

·
Registered
790 Posts
yay, its snowing in west virginia.....just flurries but who cares its the beginning.....first snow i seen in a year. :D :D

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
80 deg in hawaii?
ooh thats the place i should be at

1 - 15 of 15 Posts