ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been lurking here for the last year or so, and figured I should probably post an intro. I preordered a 2012 WRX limited sedan in SWP about a week ago. It was the best deal I could find in a three hour radius. Anyway, I'll be trading in my 2005 Toyota Tacoma. It'll be a change, but I found that with a pickup, I end up using it more for other people than I do for myself. I'm sick of helping everyone move on the weekends :rolleyes: I'm looking forward to learning more about Subaru's and cars in general. I've found a ton of great info on this site.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Congrats! I went from a full size dodge truck to my wrx, a good change. And like you said no more calls to help people move or pick stuff up for them lol

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Welcome to Club :)

Congratulations!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Welcome, enjoy your new car. I traded my 05 Frontier in for a 2011 wrx and I will admit it was a tough transition and I miss my truck at times but the car is really fun to drive compared to the truck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome, enjoy your new car. I traded my 05 Frontier in for a 2011 wrx and I will admit it was a tough transition and I miss my truck at times but the car is really fun to drive compared to the truck.
Yeah, the Tacoma's been a good truck and it's still in great shape, but it's too big for where I live. And like I said, 95% of the time I'm using it to haul someone else's furniture around. I really just wanted something smaller and quicker, but still had AWD. I will miss the ground clearance in the winters though...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yeah, the Tacoma's been a good truck and it's still in great shape, but it's too big for where I live. And like I said, 95% of the time I'm using it to haul someone else's furniture around. I really just wanted something smaller and quicker, but still had AWD. I will miss the ground clearance in the winters though...
I dunno bout the ground clearance.. I an an avid snowboarder.. Every week I'm heading to the mountains and as long as the snow isn't higher than the bumper, ive had no problems at all.. Many days have I finished up the boarding day and the parking lot has snow higher and no problems.
The snow here in washington is also pretty heavy and ive been able to plow through probably at least 6inches of snow easily

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome and Congrats!

·
Innocent Bystander
48 Posts
Congratulations......So how long did they tell you it would be before your pre-order becomes a real order? .......Thanks....Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congratulations......So how long did they tell you it would be before your pre-order becomes a real order? .......Thanks....Steve
No real time frame. I got an email from my dealer when the pricing came out last week. He said ordering should be turned on any day now. I was kinda hoping it would have been on Monday, but no news yet.

·
Innocent Bystander
48 Posts
No real time frame. I got an email from my dealer when the pricing came out last week. He said ordering should be turned on any day now. I was kinda hoping it would have been on Monday, but no news yet.
Thanks for the update......Good luck.....let us know when you can order there are many folks waiting to do the same......Steve

·
Registered
902 Posts
Same here. I live in western PA on the snow belt and my road (dead end street) rarely gets plowed after a fresh snow which had my truck with good tire's having a tough time some days. Plus I like having some occasional off road fun during the winter months. On the other hand, the wrx (with winter tire's) will out handle any s.u.v. or truck in snow 6'' deep or less.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quick Update: I guess ordering for the 2012s got turned on yesterday. I got a confirmation from SOA this morning. No ETA yet, but I'm (realistically) hoping December or January.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am about to order mine too it is a 2012 WRX LIMITIED HATCHBACK base no navigation. Best quote I have is 28.3K (included destination and short shifter), can you tell me how much you got it for? Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My dealer offered me $27,717 plus TT&L for mine. It's a limited 4dr, short throw shifter, SPT shifter bushing, body side molding, and the armrest extender.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts