Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like a good anime as much as the next anime-nerd, but I don't know about plastering my car with my favorite characters... I suppose it isn't that much different than running around with a car distastefully covered in aftermarket manufacturer stickers. At least these guys have nice looking artwork on their cars.

Saw this article on Kotaku and couldn't help but notice the WRX in the foreground with the smug looking owner.

A Tokyo Parking Garage For Geeked-Out Cars

Attachments

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
There's nerds, and then there's people who still live in their mom's basement at 40.

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
So because their cars have cartoons all over them, they don't street race or do anything stupid in them? :p

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good point. I guess I figured if I had such a paint job or decals on my car and valued them, I wouldn't be racing so as to not risk damage. I would think that kind of work is not cheap as referenced in the Kotaku article. But then, I've seen/heard rich people do dumb things....

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I am thinking positive about the above cars just like a couple of above posters, i.e., that those young people LOVE their cars, express themselves through personalization of them. I say "hear, hear" and applaud them.

Would I do the same, no, but I live in a different culture. Even locally, I went to the Big NW Subie meet last June, and as I am 70 years old, decades and decades and older than 99% of the folks there, still had one fun time. The average age of the people there was probably in the young or mid 20's. Their WRX's were customized in ways very differently than mine (and you know who's WRX was very conservative in comparison). Their color schemes, double flanged wheel rims and so much more were a new world to me. I still had a great time, engaged in lots of fun conversations with more than a few of them, glad I went.

I am excited that there are many young people who love their cars -- albeit in a very different style than mine. Good on them!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.