ClubWRX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just so you know that donut vid in the park wasnt me. I just bought rights to the vid and published as thats my job as a journalist. Bring the news to the people. Thats like sayimg fox news is responsible for every murder they cover, every robbery vid syndicated etc. I would have posted this in the op but i have a life, work every day, and dont dwell on forums. So take it for what it is but just know it wasnt me. Thanks!

·
Registered
759 Posts
If that's true, you did a poor job of presenting the disclaimer. In fact, you did an excellent job of the opposite, as is evidenced by the fact that everybody understood it was you bragging about your idiotic adventure.

If it wasn't you, and you are merely a journalist, I think we would still appreciate you NOT perpetuating the stereotype that that's how Subie drivers like to entertain themselves. So with that said, I think we still despise you.

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's nice. Part of me is wondering as to why you would go to the trouble to 'clear your name', but most of me just doesn't care.

+1 to still being despised.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
Wow, tough room. :rotfl:

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Isn't part of reporting the news making sure people know you are an impartial party?

No where in that first thread did you mention you were simply getting the "news" out to us.

Also, the wise crack about having a life so you don't post on forums a lot really makes me laugh. You posted the video on this forum on your own. You then came back and made another thread trying to clear your name. If you think so low of forums why even come back?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
If that's true, you did a poor job of presenting the disclaimer. In fact, you did an excellent job of the opposite, as is evidenced by the fact that everybody understood it was you bragging about your idiotic adventure.

If it wasn't you, and you are merely a journalist, I think we would still appreciate you NOT perpetuating the stereotype that that's how Subie drivers like to entertain themselves. So with that said, I think we still despise you.
This

Isn't part of reporting the news making sure people know you are an impartial party?

No where in that first thread did you mention you were simply getting the "news" out to us.

Also, the wise crack about having a life so you don't post on forums a lot really makes me laugh. You posted the video on this forum on your own. You then came back and made another thread trying to clear your name. If you think so low of forums why even come back?
And This.

Also don't believe you and gonna throw up my bs flag :bs:

·
Banned
296 Posts
"Subaru's are fun but we had a little too much fun. After paying fines and fixing what we destroyed, all we got was this stupid video. LOL but we also made the local paper too buhahahaha"

If you're just a reporter then why would you say "we" ?

I've never heard CNN report a murder and say " we killed a man today, and we made the local paper buhahahaha "

·
Registered
759 Posts
"Subaru's are fun but we had a little too much fun. After paying fines and fixing what we destroyed, all we got was this stupid video. LOL but we also made the local paper too buhahahaha"

If you're just a reporter then why would you say "we" ?

I've never heard CNN report a murder and say " we killed a man today, and we made the local paper buhahahaha "
+100

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Hey just so you know that donut vid in the park wasnt me. I just bought rights to the vid and published as thats my job as a journalist. Bring the news to the people. Thats like sayimg fox news is responsible for every murder they cover, every robbery vid syndicated etc. I would have posted this in the op but i have a life, work every day, and dont dwell on forums. So take it for what it is but just know it wasnt me. Thanks!
Sorry, that FOX news analogy doesn't really apply. What you actually posted was more along the lines of:

Tonight at 11: Drunken brawls are fun but last night we had too much fun and murdered a guy. After doing 20 years and saying we were really sorry, we're out on parole and all we got was this stupid video. LOL!!! but we also made national news and America's Most Wanted too buhahahaha!!! Don't miss our field coorespondent's special report tonight after American Idol...
That's not journalism, it's stupidity. This sounds more like a backpedaling excuse to clear yourself once you realized nobody appreciates vandalism like you do.

/rant, back to your regular scheduled programming...

·
Æternum
20,889 Posts
Ooo new bull. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth . thread!

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
So why didn't you throw the disclaimer out there when you first posted the video...as a good journalist would do?

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
That was really lame man.

That's funny, the car in the video was yours and is posted all over the net and Facebook as being yours.

·
Æternum
20,889 Posts
At least he's embarrassed enough to lie to a group of people that he's never met!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hey you should post you vis on the Nasoic site they tend to be more receptive. =)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Whatever you guys and gals want to think is fine with me. I would just like to say I'm sorry if I . Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .ed anyone off and I want you to know it wasn't my video, I didn't write it or create it - it was sent to me AFTER the vandal owed up to it, paid his fines, and fixed the park. All I did was buy the rights to it and publish it. Maybe I should have used better words instead of we - so I screwed up when I posted the video here - I'm sorry for that. The driver is a reader and fan of my site so I said we but I didn't think it would be that big of a deal and bring me into the scope of being the villain. I did not destroy the park, tell that jack ass to do it, or have anything else to do with this other than JUST publishing it and buying the rights to the video from the original creator, the driver.

Also, that is NOT my car. Look at the wheels, no cf trunk - plus full interior. MY car was completely different. Sure it was a blue bugeye, but I think subaru made more than one. I've been trying to clean up this mess and clear my name from it since it all started - I guess I shouldn't have posted it but its too late now so . Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth . in my cornflakes I guess.

SORRY! :shakehead::shakehead:

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,451 Posts
You state you're a journalist and that it's your job to "Bring news to the people." [SIC]. Yet in bringing this news you've made the following errors:

"Hey just so you know that donut vid in the park wasnt me. I just bought rights to the vid and published as thats my job as a journalist. Bring the news to the people. Thats like sayimg fox news is responsible for every murder they cover, every robbery vid syndicated etc. I would have posted this in the op but i have a life, work every day, and dont dwell on forums. So take it for what it is but just know it wasnt me. Thanks!"

I don't think there's much to salvage here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.