ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clutch started to slip under WOT in 4th and 5th gears after ~30k miles. Had it replaced under warranty, and ever since I got it back, I've been having issues:
1. When I first got it back, I nearly put my foot through the floor bc the pedal was soo incredibly light. The clutch has gotten heavier over the next 1000 or so miles.
2. I hear a grinding/whooshing/buzzing noise occasionally when under maybe 60% or so WOT. The dealership said this was a loose heat shield and they tightened that up this past weekend when I took it in again.
3. The worst/most annoying issue I've been having is that the clutch doesn't seem to have the same dis-engagement point as it did before. Basically when shifting, as I'm coming off the clutch, it feels like it is still engaged for like "1/2 inch" or so. This is causing my shifting to be very jumpy, sometimes I'm over revving as I shift, and just overall very Noobish shifting feeling. I've been driving stick for over 5 years, and before the replacement I had become pretty smooth at shifting the car. This passed weekend at the dealership, they told me that the Technician and Service manager both drove the car, and it all seems fine. Well, no disrespect, but I am the one who has been driving the car and its not the same and something feels wrong. They said there is really no way to adjust the pedal feel without "compromising the longevity of the clutch".

Someone please offer an Idea/Solution. I almost, dare I say, dislike driving my car now bc it just doesnt feel right, and I dont know what to do:shakehead:

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Buy a 2011 WRX...and entice them with chocolate.

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
A replacement clutch almost never feels the same. The big secret is to make the original last the 125k - 150k it was meant to with proper use.

After a while you will get used to it.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buy a 2011 WRX...and entice them with chocolate.
i more like the idea that my car payments will end in this life time lol

A replacement clutch almost never feels the same. The big secret is to make the original last the 125k - 150k it was meant to with proper use.

After a while you will get used to it.
ugh, i was worried about a response like this. so there is no way to adjust the engage/disengage points?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just replaced my clutch at 113k miles a week ago and it did not feel the same! I put it in reverse pressed gas and then stalled (smh!) And I've been driving stick for 13yrs. Now I'm used to driving it again. It's never going to feel the same...you're just gonna have to get used to it :)
-Angelie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts