ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys :wave:

New to this forum but i purchased a 2009 Subaru WRX WR Blue a couple of months ago and since then i have had issues with the Size of the tyres and the ride height when there are 2+ people in the car or when there is anything in the boot or back seat.

I know the size of the wheels are an issue as they are Kuhmo SPT and they are sitting on 20's

Just wondering what is the best way to go about fixing this while keeping the overall look of the vehicle and of course keeping the wheels.

My big issue is that when there is a bump in the road or a load in the vehicle the tyre wall hits the inner guard and is scraping big lines in the wall of the tyre.

Please all help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bidds :confused:

Attachments

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
20's are stretching the limits of what will fit, considering there are folks with 18's that are having troubles .. then width and offset play a factor too. All I can suggest is to hunt down some factory height (or close to) uprated springs and better dampers. Dampers aren't too hard to find, but factory height springs are tough. Most uprated springs will drop the car an 1 to 1.5" and that'll have you rubbing for sure with 20's. You could also have a body shop roll the fenders for you as well. Either way that's a lot of wheel for these cars, getting them to fit properly will be a bit of a task.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Good god 20" wheels aka dubs on a WRX. Ok now that I got that out the way now to help...

20s are just too much wheel for a WRX and in order to improve the ride you are going to need a more practical wheel and tire combo. I don't think rolling the hell of the fenders will be enough. 20s are just a very poor choice for a small sedan like a WRX.

Some 18x8s or 17x8s with a reasonable offset such as +48 would be much better.

·
Registered
750 Posts
OMG :eek3:... Is that wheel & tire combo even the same diameter as the stock setup? If not I'm more concerned about your speedometer accuracy, added drivetrain load and wheel well liners/fenders. Other than that I have nothing much to offer here. This is the first 20" wheel I've seen on a WRX. I'll have to agree with c2bcoolwrx I understand that you want to keep those wheels, but you might want to reconsider stepping down to a more reasonable wheel size (18's or 17's).

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
LOL, I am glad I was not the only one who thinks 20s are CRAZY big for a wrx. Just when I thought someone would never do it...bam! I did not even think you could fit them in there. Guess they barely fit, but ride quality and the stress he is putting on the suspension is a whole other story.

OP: Sell the dubs get something more practicle, as I suggested in my ealier post. You are just begging for failure w/your current setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts