Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is the silver GT (old shape turbo, the one you guys didn't get).
We where 5 STIs, 3 GTs, and one WRX.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That is awesome, but question...
What is it really like in Isreal? I am pro Isreal, and I was wondering how you can even enjoy your cars with idiotic ass suicidal bombers running all over the place? Not to put a damper on you guys but a pray for your safety everyday and am very concerned about you!
I want you know that as a Baptist Christian I believe you all are God's chosen and over here we true Christians support you 100%
Peace!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
That looks really cool!

I was over there for a little over a week a couple summers ago, and I was stuck riding in a VW Eurovan (or whatever they're called). Probably the coolest thing about driving in Israel is the fact that everybody drives faster, and uses their horn ALL THE TIME. I saw a bunch of accidents while I was over there, but a lot of the cities are pretty crowded with old curvy streets and lots of traffic.

It was good to see firsthand the Israel situation, its way different than we "westerners" imagine while watching the news. I would guess it is a bit more tense now, but most Israelis that I know over there are pretty relaxed about their daily lives. They're all used to beefed up security and seeing soldiers hitchhiking with their machine guns. Plus, with everybody having served in the army, they seem to be better informed about whats going on, and more used to it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Cool...
The cars are great! So you guys have STI's over there already ay?
I read in this months Automobile Magazine that the STI is actually no faster than the current base WRX? Is this true? If so that truly sucks bad man.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I read in this months Automobile Magazine that the STI is actually no faster than the current base WRX
Not true, the STI is faster than the WRX and slightly faster than my GT (has the same engine as does the WRX but about 150Kg lighter),
and keep in mind the STI is held back so it would meet western emissions, with very little work you bring it back to 300+ hp!!
take a look at this Autocar article from England:

It has stronger pistons, valves, gearbox (which is 6 speed) AVCS (like a v-tec)...
better AWD system with a front LSD.

I don't think any side is right...I'm just saying that one should look at things from more than one angle
I don't think everything we did in our 54 years is all good, and even with the Palestinians we made mistakes, but I we are right!!
just like when the U.S bombed Iraq and Afganistan where right, and I really feel for those innocent killed in the fightings but the sad part is they don't!!
they target innocent, they teach in their schools to kill Israelis (no kidding) while in Israel there was a big shout when we found out kids from a orthodox elementry school send soldiers packages with notes asking them to kill many Arabas:( all the newspapers accused the education system for letting this happen!!
it just a small example to show the difference between the sides...
Jews were handed Israel in 1947
worng,
Israel was divided between Jews and Arabs and while the Jews accepted the resolution the arabs with several of the arab countries around opened war on Israel, and lost!!

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
the wrx tested in Auto mag this month was rated at ~265 hp w/ 247 foot lbs of torque. certainly more powerfull than our wrx. that wrx also has a preturbo cat, the charcoal emissions filter (like ours) and two post turbo cats. i don't think it was US spec, but it certainly wasn't the 276 hp JDM monster we all know and love

okay, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

When Jews began to immigrate to Palestine in large numbers in 1882, fewer than 250,000 Arabs lived there, and the majority of them had arrived in recent decades. Palestine was never an exclusively Arab country, although Arabic gradually became the language of most the population after the Muslim invasions of the seventh century. No independent Arab or Palestinian state ever existed in Palestine. When the distinguished Arab-American historian, Princeton University Prof. Philip Hitti, testified against partition before the Anglo-American Committee in 1946, he said: "There is no such thing as 'Palestine' in history, absolutely not." In fact, Palestine is never explicitly mentioned in the Koran, rather it is called "the holy land" (al-Arad al-Muqaddash).

Prior to partition, Palestinian Arabs did not view themselves as having a separate identity. When the First Congress of Muslim-Christian Associations met in Jerusalem in February 1919 to choose Palestinian representatives for the Paris Peace Conference, the following resolution was adopted:

We consider Palestine as part of Arab Syria, as it has never been separated from it at any time. We are connected with it by national, religious, linguistic, natural, economic and geographical bonds.

In 1937, a local Arab leader, Auni Bey Abdul-Hadi, told the Peel Commission, which ultimately suggested the partition of Palestine: "There is no such country [as Palestine]! 'Palestine' is a term the Zionists invented! There is no Palestine in the Bible. Our country was for centuries part of Syria."

The representative of the Arab Higher Committee to the United Nations submitted a statement to the General Assembly in May 1947 that said "Palestine was part of the Province of Syria" and that, "politically, the Arabs of Palestine were not independent in the sense of forming a separate political entity." A few years later, Ahmed Shuqeiri, later the chairman of the PLO, told the Security Council: "It is common knowledge that Palestine is nothing but southern Syria."

Palestinian Arab nationalism is largely a post-World War I phenomenon that did not become a significant political movement until after the 1967 Six-Day War and Israel's capture of the West Bank.

So the question is, does history validate who's land this is? Is this more than a real estate dispute? If one were to use history as basis for who's land it is, then i think it's Israel's. The real question is, when will these two countries stop bickering like children, and learn to live in harmony. Who give's a shi+ who's land it was, you have to live there NOW. stop blowing each other up!!!

The simple fact is, no one there wants a peaceful resolution. Israelis and Palestinians alike continue to breed hatred and angst into the hearts of their children, instead of teaching peace. YOU LIKE THIS. ITS MASOCHISTIC AND SICK. Neither side will be happy until the other is completely wiped out. Burning flags, and efficagies of foreign national leaders IS NOT ACCEPTABLE IN THE MODERN WORLD. Beating dummy models of people with sticks, then lighting them on fire is not the way modern humans handle disputes. stop breeding the hate, becaue the toddlers of today already know the hate, and will carry it for the remainder of thier lifetime. DON'T YOU SEE THAT THIS JUST PROLONGS YOUR OWN MISERY?

And then the part I love most. 95% of the time, the world hates America for jumping into conflicts like this to stop another World War from happening. Remember the last time we decided not to step in? the world erupted into war around us, and it took millions of lives and a nuclear bomb to stop it? Well now both sides are not only pleading for us to step in, THEY ARE BOTH HOLDING US RESPONSIBLE?!?!

I love it. you're the world's police force and everyone hates what you do. Then something goes wrong and they all turn their heads to you for help. We should just turn our backs on the world again and let all the children who can't settle differences like mature adults blow themselves up. It
s natural selection in the purest sense.

dR

·
Registered
932 Posts
Israel GT,

I'm sorry, I forgot to add, those are some great pictures of turbo'd Imprezas. Great to see them all side by side like that. Thanks for the pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts