• Yes

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • No

Votes: 27 50.9%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I think it is excessive. It does not make the car faster and it adds weight, so I guess that would make it rice in a lot of people's minds. It is matter of taste, and you like it, get it!!! I prefer something a bit less obvious, but I do like the side skirts, with or without the door pieces.

-joe

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the sideskirts also, but i dont like the front peice. Dont know how it would look if you mixed it up!

·
Banned
968 Posts
Yes that kit is rice.....its horrid.

I hate it :thumbdown

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
"Rice" is such a relative and stupid term. Some people consider my car as being rice. With that said, I've stopped using "rice" to describe how any car looks.

With that said, who the hell cares what someone thinks of your car? If you think the Wings West kit looks good, then get it. It's your money, your car, do what you want with it. Personally, I think the kit looks pretty good, and from what I've been told, it fits GREAT.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I don't like the kit, its not clean or smooth, something that I think all cars should strive for. The edges are to big and to sharp I think. Would I call it rice, yeah based on the fact that it takes away from the looks of the rest of the car. In my opinion a good body kit is one that matches the car, and does not overcome the car. The Wings West and CWest kits are probably my most disliked body kits for the WRX.

This is a pic for people who don't know,

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
aaronwillen said:
i like the sideskirts a lot actually...i dont think i like the front or back though!
The front looks very similar to the C-West v1 front...only it doesn't come out as much and it's a little more pointed. The rear looks almost exactly like the OEM rear, only it's one color and one piece rather than 2 colored side strakes and a black center piece.

I think the only real "original" part of the kit is the skirts...

·
Official ClubWRX arms dealer
2,377 Posts
I was considering getting the Wings West rear and the C-West front. A lot of people I know seem to really dislike the C-West lip, but what I like is that it makes the front end look a little wider...now I'm considering the Greddy lip and some others...need one by x-mas. Anyway, today i bought the OEM rear at my dealer for $360:D I like the two-tone w/ silver much better than the fully painted look!:D :D :D

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Wow! I'm surprised at how many people said yes. I voted no.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
The only thing that strikes me as rice on the picture that kanos posted is that horrid dual-level wing. :barf: Other than that, it's not rice. I'm not a fan, but it's not rice. I personally would call it ugly before I called it rice.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I think we will have to consult the offical Rice Cop Ticket.

Hmm,

Check, Double Wing
Check, Outrageous Body Kit (For a Subaru)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, Ok, let me ask you one more question kanos, do you think the rear is bad, i mean it looks exactly like OEM almost. WHat do you think of the sides (too much)?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Your right the rear does look a lot like the oem one, and I don't really have any complaints with it. Mainly my complaint is with the front lip which I think is very ugly, and a little bit with the sidskirts, they should have been a little smaller/less bulky.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts