ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just the the title reads is water injection and the n20 sprayer over kill or will they both work great on the car?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Not really, from what I know WI takes the heat out of the engine to help it run cooling inside the CC. WS works to cool the air before it goes into the engine. BTW I read that water is the best intercooler sprayer due to the way it pulls the heat away from the intercooler, even though it is not as cold as N2o.
MCL

·
Registered
312 Posts
that day i was runing at the track i was useing my sprayers every time i would shift into 3rd :) i think i was the one behind you that 1 run where all the honda guys were lookn at your car wishing it was thers lol.

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
Intercooler sprayers work! I have a water IC sprayer and an outside air temp gauge laying on the intercooler. Heat soak at an intersection can make it read up to 170, but I've seen about 4 seconds of water lower it 35 degrees. FWIW, water may be spraying fairly near the temp. sensor, but that's still a lot of coolage.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
thechickencow said:
They serve different purposes, water injection will help to ward off detonation if used as a safety measure.

Water spray will cool the intercooler.

Jay -> wannabe mountain stater
Come over as much as you'd like. We appreciate the input.

As far as the two systems go....
It's not overkill. Depending on implementation, the results can be great. I still don't get why anyone would want to spray n2o on the intercooler when evaporative cooling(water) is so frikin' cheap.

·
Banned
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jibco said:
Come over as much as you'd like. We appreciate the input.

I still don't get why anyone would want to spray n2o on the intercooler when evaporative cooling(water) is so frikin' cheap.

I have the stock system from my sti for my top mount I just dont feel like relocating the system so I am just going to get the n2o system and have the bottle filled with co2. And I am trying to be cool and have a naws bottle in the trunk even though there wont be any in there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts