ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeh, I was just wondering if pulling the ebrake on dirt to start drifts or 180's is bad for your wrx. Thanks

·
Registered
6,174 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks timdog...i thought I heard that it was bad for the differential

·
Registered
152 Posts
The right amount of regular brake, and throtle input will net you the same results. :)
Pulling the e-brake may cause the cable to strech or break. :thumbdown

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Co-Pilot said:
The right amount of regular brake, and throtle input will net you the same results. :)
Pulling the e-brake may cause the cable to strech or break. :thumbdown
True, just turn the wheel and gun the throttle..... also using the e-brake will mess up your rear diff

·
Registered
242 Posts
It's only good on teh video games f001! However, even if it does screw stuff up, it seemed to work well when i was drifting in my brothers car......

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Actually, the most important winter tip (besides snowtires) is to remember where your e-brake is incase our wonderful ABS system fouls things up as it tends to and you lose all braking power. This happened to me even on dry pavement (over a bump) this fall, and I "coasted" about 15 feet with no braking power. I stopped luckily before rear-ending the car ahead of me but had my hand on the e-brake by that time...

-snowcat

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,224 Posts
I'd be more concerned about the center diff. The rear diff will not be working when the wheels are locked by the brake...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts