Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys the dealer has a silver 04 with moonroof in the showroom. Pretty much the car i want minus skirts and rims. (Rims i will probably buy on my own) My question is can I order a new one if they have the silver one on the floor. Since this is my first berand new car i would like it ordered from the factory and i would like to see the paperwork to show what day it was made on (not monday or friday) and i want the kilimoteres to be in the single digits and the plastic left on the seats. Is this asking for to much or is it reasonable for a $40,000 purchase????

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
You should allways be able to order a car from the factory. Might be hard to get a car made on a specific day, don't think thats a factory option :) but usually if you order it from the factory it will have less then 5 miles on it and should still have all the plastic on it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
40,000? what are you buying? an 04 WRX should be more like 25-27 even the STI I can get for like 30-31 what are you paying 40 for?

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
MustGoFast said:
40,000? what are you buying? an 04 WRX should be more like 25-27 even the STI I can get for like 30-31 what are you paying 40 for?
He's in Canada :)

And yeah you should be able to factory order whenever you want...and you might even get a better deal on it if your combination of options isn't something they can sell off the lot very easily.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Oh ok..... thank god.. I didn't see that part.

·
Registered
691 Posts
why cant it be made on monday or friday

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think the reasoning is that

1) The operator's on the factory line are still supposedly tired on Monday (from the weekend) and
2) The operator's want the week to end by the time Friday rolls around, so they may cut corners to make their assembly quota for the week.

The theory is people do better work during the middle of the week.

·
Registered
691 Posts
so my WRX that I bought off the lot (40 miles) is badly made??

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
That's an old-school Detroit thang. The way the Japanese production process works it doesn't matter. Basically it's impossible for a human to screw up the process - unless it's the engineers who design the process and the tools to carry out the porcess. And who knows what day they designed the machine on!

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's not even a Detroit thing, it's just an old myth. Think about it. Maybe the final assembly of the car was on a Monday or Friday, but when was the engine (that came from another plant in another part of the country) made? What about the seats, transmission, etc. Most of the major components are made somewhere outside the factory and trucked in. Which part of the car do you want built on what day?

Mike

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the problem is that my last car which was a 2000 civic sir had numerous problems all relating to assembly, and guess where it was assembled( good old ohio u.s.a) therefore i am a little nervous about where and when the vehicle is assembled.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Don't worry the WRX will be assembled in Japan :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts