ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please take a look at this video and tell me what you think.

I've checked my car for vacuum leaks using carb cleaner, and found nothing. Also a smoke test was performed at a tune shop and they found no leaks either.

I know this is a cheapo gauge but my autometer boost gauge shows the same thing.

When I first start the car the vacuum goes to -21 and stays there relatively steady however if i give it some gas it will jump down to -24 and then hover around -18.

I would love to know your opinions on this.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Let's start with whether you car is running correctly. I'm not clear why you're posting this. Is it just because of the readings you're getting on the gauge?

I don't see what the problem is here other than that appears to be a really crappy gauge that doesn't work very well.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
What modifications are performed on the car? Full list as well as your method of tuning would be a good start. As for how the vacuum is behaving I don't see a whole lot wrong with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let's start with whether you car is running correctly. I'm not clear why you're posting this. Is it just because of the readings you're getting on the gauge?

I don't see what the problem is here other than that appears to be a really crappy gauge that doesn't work very well.
The car runs fine when it is warmed up. However on a cold start the idle is very rough almost like a misfire..

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
start with the basics. If there is no leak and your having a rough idle then clean your maf with maf cleaner. After you do that, reset the ecu and see how it responds

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Also, are you really running a stock downpipe? or did you just forget to mention that?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Any reason for upgrading so many parts and not the one that for the money probably has the biggest power increase?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I purchased the car modded. I believe the dp is stock, as it looks stock.. Only performance mod i did was get the dyno tune.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I don't understand why somebody would do those mods and not do a DP...

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
neither do I. Leads me to believe there may be some other out of place or strange modifications. How much hp did the car put down?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Well it seems like it actually does still have the vf34 (yes I'm serious about this, I've seen multiple people put back the stock turbo and sell it claiming its still the vf). Honestly your vacuum doesn't seem that strange to me.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Its really not drifting that much. It moved once and then stayed within 1psi, thats nothing. Is this on a cold start, warm start, immediately after driving?

·
Æternum
20,599 Posts
I was expecting a Eureka or Dyson...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts