Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal for the compressor to turn itself off and then almost immediately turn itself back on? No matter what mode (for cooling), even in "FULL AUTO," I can feel when the compressor turns off and the air gets warmer. Then after a few seconds it comes back on and I feel the air cool off again.

And if it is normal, is there a way to get it to stay on constantly. I think this is the first car I've owned that the A/C compressor cycles rather than stays on when commanded.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My AC cycles as well, but not if I turn the temp all the way down to LO. Then it stays on (I think) at least, I havent noticed it to cycle and blow warm air for an amount of time... I dont think it is normal. Have you brought it to the dealer? I would!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, it doesn't blow warm air when it cycles, it's just that the air is warmer than when the compressor is on. Like I said, it's only for a few seconds, but when the temperature outside is over 90, you can notice the difference in the temp of the air coming out the vents between cycles.

I really don't want to go to the dealer if the cycling is normal. I just wish it wouldn't; I prefer to be in control of my climate control. And I can't come up with a good reason for why a compressor couldn't run continuously (on a car).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts