1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Bayson R lip is said to be quite good.Although that doesn't look too bad either.
Yeah, that's what I was initially looking for, but they are on back order; again. Nice business model they have going :shakehead:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just ordered the V-Limited replica lip for $124 shipped. Will post a thread with impressions once its installed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Front Lip

Hey WRXpa -

interested to see how the lip goes - I have been looking to do this myself -

I have the same car as yours except I am 2011 -

I live in the Exton area - would be good to see the install if you are close by

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey WRXpa -

interested to see how the lip goes - I have been looking to do this myself -

I have the same car as yours except I am 2011 -

I live in the Exton area - would be good to see the install if you are close by

Thanks,
Chris
Well..if it arrives before next Wednesday, it'll be on the car. I actually have an interview in Exton Thursday afternoon. LMK if you want to meet up quick afterward..

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
ive had my vlimited lip for years and love it. they're very durable. i'd recommend painting it though when you get it since it will probably be a weird greyish color.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ive had my vlimited lip for years and love it. they're very durable. i'd recommend painting it though when you get it since it will probably be a weird greyish color.
Yeah, I've seen that some people paint them. What brand and finish of paint would you recommend? Any need for clearcoat?

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
i just used satin black. no clear coat. any brand should be fine.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
You know, usually I'd avocate staying away from eBay parts, but for lips like this that are liable to get beat up by curbs, rocks, wildlife, etc, I can see where getting something cheap that looks ok would be fine. Either of those lips looks ok once installed, although the second one is bolted, and would be my first choice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
since it was $30, i just bought it to try it out. why not lol. im not too worried about the adhesive since its on the bottom of the bumper so if it takes the paint off, which i doubt it will, then big deal. its better then spending $124+ on some other lip when it will get scratched by curbs most likely anyway.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
since it was $30, i just bought it to try it out. why not lol. im not too worried about the adhesive since its on the bottom of the bumper so if it takes the paint off, which i doubt it will, then big deal. its better then spending $124+ on some other lip when it will get scratched by curbs most likely anyway.
Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I got the lip in the mail today. Its the wrong one :shakehead: Not even close to fitting the car or looking like whats advertised.

Hopefully I will get a reply from the ebay vendor soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I haved these Ez Lips on my WRX.
I think it turns out great for 80 bucks (one front, 2 side skirts).
They actually have pretty good customers services. After I placed order, they actually sent the wrong package, they missed 2 side lips. Also the front lip wasn't long enough. Then, I have asked they to follow up. Finally, they actually send me a new package with 8.5 feet long for front and 2 side lips. They said that I can keep the extra front lip (from first shipping), however, they want me to submit some images of my car after installed.
I am pretty happy about these lips (com'on, $80 for three lips)
One week after I installed, I actually hit my bottom front bumper. The Ez Lip save my bumper, end of my story.

20120610_151048.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts