ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been kinda taking turns hard latley and drifting, is it bad for the car? i keep it auto mode

·
Registered
227 Posts
Its not bad for you car as long as you keep it in your lane and dont end up spun out on the side of the road. lol. j/k Sounds like you are enjoying your new STI and your mods. :wiggles:

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
could be. have you upgraded your strut bearings? i personally wouldn't drift without that at the very least.

are you still running the stock U joint?

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
dR, you beat me to it. I was gonna suggest the U bearing problem

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
I can't imagine anything being that wrong with it, I know people give you a lot of crap for beating on your car, but that's what the subaru was designed for. The AWD setup the USDM STi comes with is perfect for drifting and all kinds of sideways stuff, a lot of the top guys on the D1 circuit are starting to move to AWD conversions because it gives you better control of the front end during a slide. It'd make it a lot easier to induce that oversteer if you had a fully locking double plate rear diff, with the adjustable pinion knotches. I think cusco has one that's not too pricey....

~Tim

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont plan on doing it ever single day of my life just every now and then fun :D thanks guys for the feedback

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
The stock U-joint will NOT hold up for long with really hard cornering/drifting. If it's groaning, you know it's about to blow its grease load. Consider upgrading.

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
Integra96 said:
The stock U-joint will NOT hold up for long with really hard cornering/drifting. If it's groaning, you know it's about to blow its grease load. Consider upgrading.
Yeah, but I've only ever seen one blow it's load under severe jerking conditions

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
BlkWRXWag said:
Prematurely?

No I think he's referring to that one case on Nasioc where someone was doing some fast/hot corners and as soon as they entered a tunnel (where the straightaway began) the thing just erupted - it even got some lady on the chin with grease in another lane!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Integra96 said:
No I think he's referring to that one case on Nasioc where someone was doing some fast/hot corners and as soon as they entered a tunnel (where the straightaway began) the thing just erupted - it even got some lady on the chin with grease in another lane!
You know, I remember that now that you mention it. Wasn't it in a town called Bukake?

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
BlkWRXWag said:
You know, I remember that now that you mention it. Wasn't it in a town called Bukake?
It was a JDM part, that's all I know. It may very well have been in Bukake now that you mention it. I'll post a link soon.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Anyway, back on topic, Gruppe-S sells the replacement U joints that you're looking for. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Trailboss said:
Anyway, back on topic, Gruppe-S sells the replacement U joints that you're looking for. Good luck.
I think they're out of the USDM models. Might be a while before they get some more in stock. Gonna have to go with the upgraded JDM conversion, only difficult part will be locking the counter-threading. Might want to check japanparts.com for it. Looks very nice in pink.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
blackshadow said:
I think they're out of the USDM models. Might be a while before they get some more in stock. Gonna have to go with the upgraded JDM conversion, only difficult part will be locking the counter-threading. Might want to check japanparts.com for it. Looks very nice in pink.
yeah

i think scooby mods has instructions too. post it up on nasioc a couple guys were iming about it recently.

dR

1 - 16 of 16 Posts