-Blitz NUR Spec Stainless Steel Rear Section Only Exhaust Systems

·
Registered
58 Posts
Im trying to get a clean exhaust system and bov my set up is
-perrin front downpipe with cat
-HKS ssq bov
-Blitz NUR Spec Stainless Steel Rear Section Only Exhaust Systems
before you spend the money on a BOV run a search about them on this site.

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
before you spend the money on a BOV run a search about them on this site.
+2 though lately I've been considering not giving this advice any more. It only takes somebody .0443 seconds to find the necessary info to tell them not to get one unless they're doing major upgrades to their car. I'm starting to feel like if they're too lazy to search, then I'm too lazy to tell them the same information again for the 587,587th time...

also look for a better brand than perrin
You got something against them? ;)

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everybody i know that has an sti/wrx installs a bov even if they just do a exhaust,intake or downpipe udgrade. Also is perrin that bad?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Everybody i know that has an sti/wrx installs a bov even if they just do a exhaust,intake or downpipe udgrade. Also is perrin that bad?
they dont know how to read/ do research ?

yes

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
its their quality all together

search around
ive heard negative stuff about perrin before. nobody is ever specific about why they dislike the company. you say its the quality, but with what part did you have the problem? im not trying to stand up for perrin, i plan on dumping a ton of money into my car and i want to make sure its well spent.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Perrin DP won't fit stock mid pipe. Cobb will though and it is better. BOV's are bad for our cars.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
ive heard negative stuff about perrin before. nobody is ever specific about why they dislike the company. you say its the quality, but with what part did you have the problem? im not trying to stand up for perrin, i plan on dumping a ton of money into my car and i want to make sure its well spent.
They use silicon for there catch can. Liquid can pass though Silicon.

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Then everybody you know has put a stupid modification on their car that could cause power loss and engine problems. (assuming they don't have a FMIC or bigger turbo or something that can actually use the BOV).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
will i pass inspection with a cobb DP, it looks like it only has the rear cat but nothing in the front.....

Also for bcyb1029 look at this picture, you said that perrin DP wont fit Stock mid pipe....

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
will i pass inspection with a cobb DP, it looks like it only has the rear cat but nothing in the front.....
Yes, you only need one cat.

·
Registered
560 Posts
1. A BOV as a mod is a bad idea. Will cause idle problems, cause you to run rich, cause shifting miscues.
2. A single cat is all you need to pass inspection...you MAY run into emission issues, depending on your state or county...MAY...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok then enough said, ill get a bov when i do my FMIC or TU for now im just going wit the cobb DP and the blitz nur spec. Good support guys!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have perrin radiator hoses?? is that gonna be a problem?? and is the oil catch can really that bad? has there been quite a few problems or do you guys know of actual customers that this happend to???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts