ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy my first WRX. It's an 02 with 132k on it. This is the ad:

I have my 02 Subaru impreza wrx for trade. Seeing what people have to offer. Im asking 8500. offer up.
It has 132,xxx miles on it right now, runs great. Shifts smooth. Airbag light is on, thats the only thing wrong. Just looking for something different. This car is awd so its really good in the snow. 220 whp stock, not including the modifications.Changed with rotela t6 oil every 3000 miles and mobil 1 high performance oil filters. The modifications it has include:
Sti top mount intercooler
Sti turbo piping
Stage 2 tune
Bbp 3" full exhaust
Bspec bov.- Not installed
Borla headers (will come with extra set)
c-west front grill
tinted taillights
Falken low profile tires
Aza z1 rims
5% window tint all around
6" tint on front window
spoiler delete
blue LED dome light and map light over rearview mirror
9k racing bubble shifter (stock included)
Brand new headlights
New rotors on front 2 tires
New break pads
There is a brand new Sony headunit with 2, 13 inch jlw1 subs and amp hooked up. Depending on what you offer this may or may not be included.

Is 8k an OK price for this?

ALSO what should I check & how? Tranny leaks etc. What are the most important things to check on used scoobys?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
See the top of this purchasing forum for several sticky threads on what to check.

This car is illegal on any public road anywhere in the US.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See the top of this purchasing forum for several sticky threads on what to check.

This car is illegal on any public road anywhere in the US.
What makes it illegal? (Other than the 5% tint if that's what you're referring to)

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
The airbag light sounds like a deal breaker - I think that is a automatic fail on inspection even if you got the emissions passed. It may just be they tapped wiring by the clock but if not it is a huge expense.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The airbag light sounds like a deal breaker - I think that is a automatic fail on inspection even if you got the emissions passed. It may just be they tapped wiring by the clock but if not it is a huge expense.
What else would cause it that's such a big fix?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
What makes it illegal? (Other than the 5% tint if that's what you're referring to)
Bbp 3" full exhaust
Bspec bov.- Not installed
Borla headers (will come with extra set)

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
What else would cause it that's such a big fix?
I've never popped a bag or had an issue, so take this with a grain of salt. If the airbag needs to be replaced, it is claimed that in many cars it is so expensive to replace they total it out automatically. Obviously that is factored on top the car being damaged enough to have popped it, though that doesn't have to be excessive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts