ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there any way that my car was detuned by previous owner ? Running 7 PSI only....

Hi guys, since i'we got my car it is running 7 PSI, i had full turboback exhaust and BOV on it when i first purchased it.
Car feels as it was tuned to run 7 PSI, no fluctuations, no hesitations, all feels right.
I installed stock BOV, stock exhaust from 02 WRX , got car fully back to stock.
Still 7 PSI, what was done so far:
checked for a restrictor pill - it is there and in correct pipe.
replaced BCS from a friends WRX- still same issue
replaced BOV from 02 WRX- still the same
checked turbo for a shaft play- just a bit of play, seems normal
replaced all hoses that go to BCS and to turbo, T connector- still same 7 PSI

Possible problems:

When i blow into vacuum line that comes from BOV i can hear there is a leak, or maybe it just goes back to intake ?? Is there suppose to be a vacuum as well ?

Only other thing i can think of is ECU, that was tuned incorrectly, i have a cel for back 02 sensor that comes on after 80-100 miles of driving after reset.

Is there anybody that can help me with my problem ? Is there anyone in Denver who has a tactrix cable to reflash by ECU to stock map ?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sounds like a vacuum leak to me, Try to track it down. The little hoses split on occasion. Dunno what else it could be..Good luck :)

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked all hoses, no leak, today tho i removed hose that goes to wastegate and was able to hit .8 Bar instead of 0.5, 0.6 and i'm living at 9000 feet elevetion.
So what is that telling me ?
Looks like my BCS solenoid doesn't click in test mode, and i swapped with a friends BCS, same issue. Is there any way to reviere BCS solenoid to the ECU ?
Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Try backprobing the BCS wire while in test mode to check for voltage. The car is running wastegate boost for some reason. Make sure the lines are hooked up right. All check for any loose or cracked turbocharger pipes including the intercooler.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Sounds like it may be the actuator.

If you removed the vacuum line from the actuator, you have nothing to make it open all the way to divert exhaust flow, so it should continue to spool up. If its still not hitting your target boost, it may be something with the actuator being stuck partially open or not working properly.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So with all lines connected hitting 0.4 -0.5 on 1st, 2 gears 0.5,0.6 in 3,4,5 gears.
With line disconnected from actuator 1, 2nn 0.6, 3,4,5 0.8.

I moved arm with pliers, going to replace all hoses with new ones i guess

What if my turbo was replaced with one from 05-06 wrx ? Is there any difference ?
I'we been trying to resolve this for 3 weeks now, car drivers fast, but not as it should be.

And another thing is, i have electronic boost gauge that connected in between BOV and other hose, that goes under intake manifold, when i blow air into that pipe i hear air comming from somewhere under intake manifold. Is that suppose to be that way ?

Thank guys

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
And another thing is, i have electronic boost gauge that connected in between BOV and other hose, that goes under intake manifold, when i blow air into that pipe i hear air comming from somewhere under intake manifold. Is that suppose to be that way ?
That is likely your recerc line, in which case, yes, it is supposed to do that.... the BOV/recerc dumps charged air from your IC back into your turbo inlet tube. If you disconnect the tubing from the BOV and blow into it, there should be no restriction and your breath should flow freely into your turbo inlet tube. That is normal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
alright so i have a similar issue. i just got an 04 wrx and i'm only getting 7-8 psi so i tried disconnecting the vacuum line to the waste gate actuator and ran the car and easily began to over boost around 21 psi and immediately backed off and heard some knock. I throw the line back on and again only 7-8 psi. Not really sure what to do next, i hear maybe BCS or the other thing i was wondering is would the restrictor pill affect this any?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts