Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home from some "performance driving" I heard a thump and then the ABS light came on. Knowing I only have about 1/16" of pad left (<10K miles) the dealer is going to tell me that I need new pads for my 2003 wagon and these low pads are the root cause for my light coming on. Which is BS??

I know I have to have the dealer fix this light before I install my four piston Wilwood calipers. I am sure if I install the Wilwoods before I have the light fixed, SOA will say sorry, go away. Buying new pad from the dealer will probably cost more than my Wilwoods did.

Any advise?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
It would make sense to me that you could just tell the dealer not to replace the pads. If they tell you they can't fix the ABS without doing it, then go to another dealer. As long as you have any pad material at all they shouldn't have a problem leaving the pads without replacing, as far as I know.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Get the dealer to replace those pads under warranty. They did for mine when they wore out so fast.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Wear items are covered for 3 years. Even your wiper blades. Get the dealer to replace them, shouldn't cost you a dime :)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Wade-0 said:
Wear items are covered for 3 years. Even your wiper blades. Get the dealer to replace them, shouldn't cost you a dime :)
Wow. I didn't know that. THAT'S a great warranty!

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Well......don't get to excited. Yeah they're covered, but specifically excluded for abuse, misuse, etc. etc.

So you'll get your pads replaced if they wear out at 10k, probably not at 30k! Same for clutch, wiper blades, etc.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts