Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to the Subie world and was hoping for some insight. I recently purchased a 2019 WRX Premium. I got it in Crystal Black Silica, the head lights are chromed out and consistantly eating away at my soul. I hate chrome, anything chrome... I been trying to find aftermarket headlights that are black. The 2019 WRX Limited has black headlights but has the turn signal built into the initial housing, The Premium has a driving lamp and my turn signal is located in the cluster with my fog lights on the front ferring. Can anyone help me out? Even if it's to tell me I have to wait a little longer that's fine. Any advice, thoughts, info will help. Thank you.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm not crazy about Subispeed in general but they're the only vendor with aftermarket headlights for the 15+ wrx that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
102 Posts
there are some ebay headlight that come with black housing, i hear they fit just fine.

most people do the mod of opening up and painting it themselves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I heard of ppl doing that.. but I am not sure if that messes with the warranty still on the car.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Buy some aftermarket OEM-spec off-brand or some used off ebay, or a junkyard, and crack them open. I'm not positive, but I'm fairly certain the 2015+ will fit the 2019. Just make sure you get the diode dynamic switchback C-lights to do while you're at it. I'd also consider doing a projector retrofit, while you're at it. I didn't, but wish I did. I may crack 'em back open this summer and do it then.

Fun, easy (if you take your time), looks great and you preserve your factory headlights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts