Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering the STi muffler, but I'm not at all into rice. Does the tip look big enough to be classified as a fart pipe or melon launcher?

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
i don't think so....

i may go as far as saying that if it is sti or offical wrc stuff that it can't be rice....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Typhoon said:
I'm considering the STi muffler, but I'm not at all into rice. Does the tip look big enough to be classified as a fart pipe or melon launcher?
i have the STI exhaust and yes, it looks big enough to be called a fart cannon but the sound it makes when coupled to a subaru boxer engine is nothing like you would hear on any civic. it's decidedly rumbly.

·
Registered
763 Posts
its sti so it subaru i wouldnt care if it was the size of a 55 gallon drum....if was meant for the car then ill get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have heard it in person and I must say it sounds really nice. Nothing like a Honda fart can. I say if you can afford it, get it. I would have but I can't afford it.

·
Registered
763 Posts
OK DOES AEM MAKE A CAR.....NO.......DOES HKS HAVE A CAR......NO......DOES STI HAVE A CAR.......YES....SO ANYTHING THAT HAS THE EMBLEM OF STI IS NOT RICE. ITS ONLY ONE OF THE BEST BUILT CARS IN THE WORLD. I WOULD BE PROUD TO HAVE AN "ALL STI PRODUCT" WRX AND HOPEFULLY IN 03 THIS WILL COME TRUE WITH THE NEW 04 STI !!!!!!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Typhoon said:
Thanks guys. I've decided to get it. If I don't like it I guess I'll have to suffer.
or you could sell it here and get another one....

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
The Sti mufflerr is very nice. Running with cats out of the system, the stock muffler sounds nice. I expect the Sti would really benefit from the loss of restriction in terms of its sound.

misterx

·
Registered
692 Posts
My WRX came with the STi muffler and I LOVE IT.

At first I thought it was big and was worried it was going to make the car sound like a lawnmower or 2 cycle motorcycle but it really gave the H4 a nice grumbly note. Plus I think it finishes off the rear a little better than the dual outlet.

And I got mine for free, so :D

Vostok 7

·
Registered
167 Posts
my skunk2 is ricey to some :eek: (see sig)

but any car with power to back up the sound is ok to me... and like everyone says, the WRX doesn't have a whiney buzzing honda sound (like weeeeeeEEEEEEEE!!!!), it sounds like a deep rumbling grumble(like BBBBBBBBUUUUAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!)

sound is somewhere inbetween a modded supra and a mustang GT i think

1 - 16 of 16 Posts