Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone.
im new to this site because i just acquired i wrx.

i want to ask if it is a good one...
it is a 2005 wrx 2.0 litre 300 limited edition...
it sounds good to me, but can someone help me shed some light on my new car.

thank you peeps!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
might want to be more specific?

Im not sure any WRX's are generally "good" or "bad". Its more of an individual basis based on mileage, mods, treatment, caretake etc

·
Registered
467 Posts
Youre funny :)

Were you happy when you bought it? Did you feel good the first time driving it? Do you like the color? Is there anything wrong with it mechanically?

Ask yourself those questions and get back to us :tongue:

·
Premium Member
12,314 Posts
Is it a bugeye? OK, sorry about that.

Is it sonic yellow? Nope? Sheesh, I thought we had something here.

Just kidding - that is a very rare version. I would love to see a pic of the mica blue. I'd say you scored.

"WRX 300 (2005)

300 vehicles limited to the UK market were sold with Blue Mica exterior paint, 17" gold alloy wheels with 215/45 tyres, Subaru World Rally Team branded front bucket seats, a 5-speed manual transmission and the Prodrive Performance Package (PPP) all as standard equipment. The Performance Package increased power to 265 PS (195 kW; 261 hp) and 348 N·m (257 lb·ft) torque and equipped the car with a 0-60 time of 4.8 seconds and a maximum speed of 151 mph (243 km/h). 12 months' free subscription to RAC Trackstar was included in the basic on the road price of £21495.00 (approx. $31800). Considering that the total on the road price of the standard non-limited edition Prodrive Performance Pack equipped Impreza WRX was £21900.00, the WRX 300 represented very good value for money. Optional extras included a 18" P-FF7 wheel and tyre package, a Prodrive brake upgrade (front brakes only), a sports suspension upgrade and a special edition rear spoiler."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
might want to be more specific?

Im not sure any WRX's are generally "good" or "bad". Its more of an individual basis based on mileage, mods, treatment, caretake etc
my car is completly standard in every way possible. only 55k miles on the clock. and get this... it was owned by one old man who did not thrash it at all and it even has full subaru servicing!
all i want to know is my subaru 'one worth keeping' and, it terms of how subarus go, does it sound that it is good.

thank you

·
Premium Member
17,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
my car is completly standard in every way possible. only 55k miles on the clock. and get this... it was owned by one old man who did not thrash it at all and it even has full subaru servicing!
all i want to know is my subaru 'one worth keeping' and, it terms of how subarus go, does it sound that it is good.

thank you
sounds to me like a great subaru. Enjoy it and keep up with all service and maintanence

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it a bugeye? OK, sorry about that.

Is it sonic yellow? Nope? Sheesh, I thought we had something here.

Just kidding - that is a very rare version. I would love to see a pic of the mica blue. I'd say you scored.

"WRX 300 (2005)

300 vehicles limited to the UK market were sold with Blue Mica exterior paint, 17" gold alloy wheels with 215/45 tyres, Subaru World Rally Team branded front bucket seats, a 5-speed manual transmission and the Prodrive Performance Package (PPP) all as standard equipment. The Performance Package increased power to 265 PS (195 kW; 261 hp) and 348 N·m (257 lb·ft) torque and equipped the car with a 0-60 time of 4.8 seconds and a maximum speed of 151 mph (243 km/h). 12 months' free subscription to RAC Trackstar was included in the basic on the road price of £21495.00 (approx. $31800). Considering that the total on the road price of the standard non-limited edition Prodrive Performance Pack equipped Impreza WRX was £21900.00, the WRX 300 represented very good value for money. Optional extras included a 18" P-FF7 wheel and tyre package, a Prodrive brake upgrade (front brakes only), a sports suspension upgrade and a special edition rear spoiler."
cheers for the info.
will be able to put some pictures up in about a week. and mine is something called the 'prodrive' version. is that also good?

·
Premium Member
12,314 Posts
cheers for the info.
will be able to put some pictures up in about a week. and mine is something called the 'prodrive' version. is that also good?
Somewhere North of "good" IMO. Closer to excellent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
any known problems?

hello, i was wondering if there were any known problems with the type of subaru imprezai have?
it is in my profile picture what it looks like. it is a 2005 subaru impreza 2.0 turbo 300
thanks for all of you people who help me!

·
Registered
542 Posts
No known problems that I know of.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought a 2004 WRX with 70,000 miles on it and the 2.0 motor went on me ! I highly recommend you save up for the 2.5 swap and it is lots of fun :wiggles:. I need to check but I think that year also has a Cadillac converter in the up pipe which should be removed or it can possibly break loose and take out your turbo. Have a good one I like the car !

·
Registered
4 Posts
i couldn't disagree more with the 2.0 to 2.5 swap. The 2.0 L is by far the better block, aside from the lack of low end torque as compared to the 2.5. As a full time subaru tech I cannot put a number on the amount of 2.5L turbo engines i've done due to a wide variety of scenarios, as far as the 2.0 goes...... very seldomly do i see failure of those, the block is way beefier with much larger cooling jackets. Best of the Best is the 2.2 block. fully closed deck, sleeved cylinder. king kong power plant as far as i'm concerned..... and i definately cannot say the same for the 2.5 (which I happen to own)

·
Registered
13 Posts
You could be right. We will see if the 2.5 lasts longer than the 3 months my 2.0 did. I also had forged pistons put in a 2010 sti block so it better last. As for torque it is night and day I have 0 turbo lag and it shoots off the line like a bat out of hell. I like it much more but to each his own. I will let you know but the 2.5 with forged pistons is running strong so far !

·
The Default One
2,386 Posts
it is a 2005 subaru impreza 2.0 turbo 300
Welcome. The way you wrote this makes me think you might be in a market outside of the North America (USDM). Where are you located?

If your Impreza WRX is a non-STI USDM one, then you need to be worried about the Uppipe Please read this thread.

Also the 5-speed manual transmission is known to be weak when the engine is pushing more than 300TQ. Be nice to the transmission and it will be nice to you (no 4000rpm clutch drops from a stop).

If your Impreza is not USDM (UK/EU/AU/Japan Markets), then there is no uppipe cat.
If your Impreza has a 6-speed, then there is no need to worry about anything.

Well, that's not entirely true the radiators are know to crack on the plastic parts. If that happens just make sure to replace it with an all Aluminum one.
Just keep up all the maintenance and you'll be set for a long time.

·
Premium Member
12,314 Posts
It is a UK special edition - there is another thread on it already (where this is probably merging BTW).

·
Pro Manscaper
14,901 Posts
I bought a 2004 WRX with 70,000 miles on it and the 2.0 motor went on me ! I highly recommend you save up for the 2.5 swap and it is lots of fun :wiggles:. I need to check but I think that year also has a Cadillac converter in the up pipe which should be removed or it can possibly break loose and take out your turbo. Have a good one I like the car !
Cadillac converter? :rotfl::rotfl:

Not trying to knock you for spelling...but that was hilarious. You'll soon have a WRX > Escalade conversion going on. ;)

Catalytic converter :cool:

But the information is correct OP, get rid of that Up Pipe as soon as possible.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts