ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I'm in the dark right now, so I need some help. I have a 05'WRX w/ EJ207 v8 twin scroll (some additional mods), in a few weeks I will be getting a pro tune and my tuner said that with my setup we will see around 305-320whp. I was wondering if its safe to run this much power with a stock WRX 5MT?? I plan on getting my JDM sti 6MT tranny during early spring. So the 5MT will be temporary.

thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Don't drive like an asshat and you should be fine....I am running 320whp with my 18g and my trans has been fine! Where did you get that engine...isn't that an STi engine?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My tuner said I should be at around 320whp with a stage 2 tune (catless twin scroll turbo back, and intake)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vf37 . Its a twinscroll turbo, spools really quick. The version 7 engines i believe come with the vf36.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
My car still works so I still have my stock ej255 in it(compression was very low in all 4 cylinders)...but I have an ej257 and forged pistons sitting in my dinning room...still in the box...waiting to be swapped out! I know its seems like a lot of people have problems with the trans blowing out...I have been told and I also believe it all has to do with driving style.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
by driving like an 'asshat' what exactly do you mean by that?

And nice switching over to the ej257. I don't know much about the 06 wrx, so how exactly will the swap go. Is it an easy fit ? Because for me it went right in with no problem. All there was a few wiring to do in order to get the ACVS working.

·
Æternum
20,952 Posts

And nice switching over to the ej257. I don't know much about the 06 wrx, so how exactly will the swap go. Is it an easy fit ? Because for me it went right in with no problem. All there was a few wiring to do in order to get the ACVS working.
He's only talking about the short block and internals. It's a very easy swap for the 2006+ WRX since the EJ255 and EJ257 blocks are very similar from the factory. How are you controlling the AVCS? UTEC?

Chris, btw... which forged internals did you stick in that EJ257?

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
He means don't slam the gears, clutch dump, or launch hard and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
He's only talking about the short block and internals. It's a very easy swap for the 2006+ WRX since the EJ255 and EJ257 blocks are very similar from the factory. How are you controlling the AVCS? UTEC?

Chris, btw... which forged internals did you stick in that EJ257?
Controlling the AVCS? Was that a question for me? I got some CP pistons to put in it.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I need to drive the STi.. I miss launch control and flat foot shifting..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts