Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here ,I recently purchased a 2001 Subaru Impreza rs coupe from a friend moving out of the country....it is mint, a manual with 52k miles no rust,just some minor things missing like no cruise control and the abs is acting up as in it brakes but no abs engagement,I see everyone engine swapping this model with older wrx/sti engines but this was years ago and these cars are becoming rare and even the engines that are being swapped old and heavy mileage,my question is it possible to engine swap the current 2015 to 2018 wrx engine and transmission? I appreciate any input thank you

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,580 Posts
You've got a car in great shape and you want to spend more money than it's worth to swap a drivetrain into it?

Sell it and buy a WRX.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It would prolly be more efficient to get something that, stock would run better, with warranty. Unless your doing every ounce of work you could probably afford a new or gently used STI even. They go for under 30k now. Not to bash your dream. XD almost anything can be done! Lol with the right amount of cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
With enough time and money you can make anything fit

·
Æternum
15,475 Posts
What a terrible financial decision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts