Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, I searched and couldn't find the answer to what I think is a straightforward question, so I started a new thread.

The clutch on my 2019 WRX feels like it engages high in the pedal travel. I've put 1,000 miles on it so presumably it's completely broken in. It doesn't "slip" at all, but there isn't much free play left in the pedal travel after it's fully engaged.

Is this normal? Does anyone know if there's an adjustment mechanism to add some free play?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
I want to say there is I recall someone having the dealership doing it and posting about it here.

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zr_ogcPOPY Here is a video from a brz/frs. Its the exact same process and made it feel a lot better in my frs and my 2018 wrx. I also took out the clutch helper spring because I didn't like how light the clutch pedal was stock.
I believe they have a clutch delay valve that can be modified or removed to make shifting better as well for those who have more experience driving a manual

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I'll check out my car and compare the clutch linkage setup to what was shown for the BRZ in the youtube video.

FWIW, two different Subaru dealers both told me the clutch was 'completely hydraulic' and had no adjustment mechanisms anywhere in the linkages. I'll find out....

Thanks again!

·
Read Only
23 Posts
Two things:
1) Kartboy Cable Shift Arm Kit w/Bearing

2) The Dealer replaced my clutch assembly pedal tree and all last summer in my 2017 WRX - Under warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you! I'll check out my car and compare the clutch linkage setup to what was shown for the BRZ in the youtube video.

FWIW, two different Subaru dealers both told me the clutch was 'completely hydraulic' and had no adjustment mechanisms anywhere in the linkages. I'll find out....

Thanks again!
Did u end up doing this...I cant stand how high the engagement point is for gear shifting and getting into first from a dead stop is rough...did this work for you..does the clutch still work without any damage with this adjustment??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts