ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was orginally going to purchase the vehicle from a dealer, but due to the lack of availability and ridiculous overpricing, I started looking into buying slightly used. Here are two listings I found on Autotrader that I'm interested in:

Cars for Sale: 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited Sedan in Harwood Heights, IL 60706: Sedan Details - 309011902 - AutoTrader.com

Cars for Sale: 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan in Palm Harbor, FL 34684: Sedan Details - 308188233 - AutoTrader.com

I actually prefer the white one, but the blue one just seems to good to be true. It's a limited edition with such low miles, but the price is about the msrp for a base model. I have emailed the owner of the white one and here's what i know so far:

Broke in properly
No engine oil change yet
Bone stock (never been modified)
Still owe money to bank

I just read an article that 25% of the listings on these websites are scammers and if you do not know what you are doing, you could be buying a stolen vehicle. Can anyone explain to me the process if I were to buy it from a private seller? I know if you buy it from the dealership, they do the registration and title for you. Do you have to go back and forth to the DMV? Also another problem is the owner lives about 500 miles from where we live. So if we were to purchase the car, we would like to make just one trip back and forth. Is that possible? Any input on this will be appreciated!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Neither link worked

Call your local DMV and find out. In VA all we need is a signed title and bill of sale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Private is cheaper and can provide valuable insight into the vehicle history; dealer is almost always easier.

I almost always buy private (unless I'm buying brand new...rare) and generally buy based on the seller/history as much as the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts