Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my Hallman mbc in this weekend and i've hit boost cut 3 times and thrown on the check engine light while setting the boost. I keep hitting it in 5th gear. It's like it stays at 17 psi for a second and then hits it. I just kept reseting the ecu by disconnecting the negative terminal. What is stock boost cut psi? And should i be concerned with this? It doesn't seem to bad to me. To me it seems like it's like hitting a governor.

I have an autometer phantom boost gauge and i've heard it's a little off. I'm starting to believe it.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
You wouldn't necessarily want to continue hitting the fuel cut with reckless abandon - but it is a safety measure that attempts to keep your engine in the correct amount of pieces. So now that you've set the boost - keep it there and enjoy! From what the TURBOXS unichip documentation says stock fuel cut is at 17.5psi of boost...

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I hit boost cut at 17.2psi when I didn't have my SBC-iD set properly. You might want to look into the "slow autometer boost gauge fix." It can be found here. That should make your boost gauge more accurate. Also, you don't want to be boosting that high anyway. Turn it down, man! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.