ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...YES!

If you are wondering because of the .4 hp and the 7 lb-ft that Cobb's website promotes...then get it out of your head. The numbers mean nothing! It is all about WHEN and HOW that power / torque comes in....

I just flashed to stage 1 tonight on my 06 wrx to see the progress, and I can see much change. Throttle reponse is increased, boost skyrockets, the power and torque comes on much sooner, much harder, and lasts much longer. And, I can finally say that I am a "Stage X WRX"!

·
Registered
301 Posts
...YES!

If you are wondering because of the .4 hp and the 7 lb-ft that Cobb's website promotes...then get it out of your head. The numbers mean nothing! It is all about WHEN and HOW that power / torque comes in....

I just flashed to stage 1 tonight on my 06 wrx to see the progress, and I can see much change. Throttle reponse is increased, boost skyrockets, the power and torque comes on much sooner, much harder, and lasts much longer. And, I can finally say that I am a "Stage X WRX"!
Awesome! My AP gets here tomorrow. I'll get to enjoy Stage 1 for 5 days or so, since I bought a downpipe that will be going on Monday. This ought to be exciting.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! My AP gets here tomorrow. I'll get to enjoy Stage 1 for 5 days or so, since I bought a downpipe that will be going on Monday. This ought to be exciting.
Yeah, my downpipe came today, but I am waiting until Saturday to install it, and on Sunday, I am going to get dynoed, so I will be sure to post up my results.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I gotta wait til april/may to get my AP :unhappy:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I gotta wait til april/may to get my AP :unhappy:
Chin up bud! It will be here soon enough! I have been waiting since literally June of last year...

·
Banned
83 Posts
well, i just reflashed to stage 1 93 octane on my '02 WRX wagon.

is it faster?...i can't tell really, but it is unbelievably smooth. i wasn't sure if i should buy an AP, but it is defffff worth the money. the car drives totally different, no more herky jerky, just straight pull.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
i've been stage 1 for 2 years now. (i know, get a dp already) and it smooths out the powerband nicely. you won't be dissapointed, but from what i hear its a night and day difference bewteen I and II. you will feel a difference and its fun to watch your boost guage reach new hights.

·
Registered
473 Posts
i must agree. the cobb accessport is probably one of the best tools too. no need to go to autozone to get codes pulled anymore. and stage 2 is AMAZING! especially for the 06-07 because of their CRAZY torque gains. i'm jealous. :tongue:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
*cough*....and its a manual....*cough*

lol. Im lookin forward to it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts