ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Stock vs. stock they are pretty evenly matched. Some give a "slight" edge to the EVO on some things. However, the EVO is easier to mod to higher power levels.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
On a road course the Evo has a real edge. The Evo X looks to be quite a beast. I might look into one in 2009-ish.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
Who's driving and what is the track/course?

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
Not me. :sadwave:

A magazine comparo or two and Top Gear found the Evo the better car on the track.
Yeah I recall most of the "comparo" type of articles put the cars within several seconds of each other. Nothing a driver/course wouldnt change in the long run.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea they (one of the various reviewers) said something about "if ur in second and floor it, it wouldn't do much" i mean the gear/revs do matter but i also hear that an evo in the same situation would perform better from a roll somewhat.

·
Registered
278 Posts
<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/110652/top_gear.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/110652/top_gear/">Top Gear</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">Click here for the funniest movie of the week</a></font>

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
yea they (one of the various reviewers) said something about "if ur in second and floor it, it wouldn't do much" i mean the gear/revs do matter but i also hear that an evo in the same situation would perform better from a roll somewhat.
me and my buddy who has (well had) an evo IX went frumaroll at about 60 to 120 and i beat him. at the top of 4th he was slightly ahead of me, but when i shifted to 5th i pulled back ahead and was about a car length ahead. mind you we were stock for stock

i also beat him frumadig :p twice

·
Registered
390 Posts
The Evo wins in pure performance, but fails in every other category. The interior is terrible, the car honestly only looks good from the front I think, and pretty much every single mechanic I have ever talked to has told me to stay far, far away from Mitsubishi, their reliability is terrible apparently.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
the new evo x is slow
+1...0-60 in 5?

whats up with that...and its an auto :thumbdown:

but it does have some pretty amazing handling...0.99 g on the skidpad...now thats impressive

·
Registered
44 Posts
Evo i think out preforms the STI but only by cm's.. i personally would take an STI any day over the evo due to the fact that when you sit in an Evo it feels like you are driving a rental car.. aside from the seats and steering wheel all the plastic cheesy cheap knobs and cranks and stuff just makes it feel cheap.... Just like the interior of an SRT-4.

·
Registered
0 Posts
evo might be faster but ill stick with my sti's :)

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
STi FTW in straight line speed.

Evo FTW in handling.

STi FTW interior

Tie exterior (both are beauty to the owners only)

STi FTW robustness (is that a word??)

Evo FTW hp vs mod dollars

Tie---portable picnic benches (ST FTW maybe since 07 has a table and a park bench):tongue:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Evo wins in pure performance, but fails in every other category. The interior is terrible, the car honestly only looks good from the front I think, and pretty much every single mechanic I have ever talked to has told me to stay far, far away from Mitsubishi, their reliability is terrible apparently.
:Dyea i can dig that cuz a guy that I know that works for Mitsub. told me almost the same thing. This may be a lil off topic but that burly rumble sound that sounds like a huge evil cat purring, does that sound come after some exhaust work or with every stock STi?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
In terms of reliability most people on this board will say STI, obviously. And it's the complete opposite on EvolutionM.net. I've seen no conclusive evidence of either being superior in that department.

·
Registered
288 Posts
well i personally like both... interior the STi has it especially since you can do an interior swap with a limited wrx.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts