Subaru WRX Forum banner

Is 75k too late to start?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ProZach626 
#1 ·
I bought my 13 wrx new, I intended to keep it stock and sell it after awhile but between higher mileage and honestly I’m in love and I’ve admitted to myself I never want to be without it, I’ve been looking into mods. Basic Cobb stages and so on. With 75k miles, how deep should I go?

#3 ·
If you are worried about the engine there a few things to consider. Have you done all maintenance when it was suppose to be done? Changed the oil at the correct intervals with quality oil? If yes then that is a great place to start knowing you have taken care of the car as best as you can. Next step in my opinion would be a compression/leak down test. If compression is good and all is well and the car is healthy. Then you should have no problems.

But like XJ said, when adding more power, you are also adding more strain. That's the same with 75 miles, or 75,000 miles.

#5 ·
If you stick with the basics, you'll be fine. I'd be comfortable with up to Intake, Down Pipe, and exhaust all wrapped together with a Cobb stage 2 tune for 93 octane. Even the Cobb tune alone will really wake up the car. Just don't go overboard. 75k is not high mileage. Replace the timing belt at 100k and maintain the car well.

#7 · (Edited)
Just don't do anything stupid and you'll be fine. Stay away from blow off valves. Like I said, stick with the basics. If you decide to swap out the turbo in the future, or even get a tune, do a ton of homework.

Personally, a Cobb SF intake with the airbox, a catback exhaust, and the Cobb plug-and-play tune were plenty enough for me. I've been driving my bone stock 2018 STI for two years. However, on my 2013 WRX and 2015 STI, I had the aforementioned easy to do mods. I can attest that they really livened up the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.