1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much for these plugs and where do i find them ,.....how much hp do you get

·
4,769 Posts
I wouldn't waste your money. I measured no power gains when I dyno tested them on a full out street Honda motor. On top of that I have experienced breakage problems, so I just use platinum plugs now exclusively. Work like a charm, no problems. BTW, your stock ones are platinum so don't bother changing them unless you're running high boost ona big turbo.

·
Registered
543 Posts
i bought them for about $40 on ebay but after talking to people here I have decided to not install them.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if im not mistaken arent there a set in the vishnu stage 0 kit.....the reason im asking is the whole warranty issue.....i want to mod but the last thing i need is to fight the soa.....just have the axel back from prodrive, might go vishnu...who knows....i would like up/dn pipe from godspeed......but time & $$$$ are the issues.....maybe ebc ??????

·
5,799 Posts
They seem to be snake oil. Go with Copper, or with Platinum if longevity is a concern.

NGK Platinum, one colder than stock: BKR7EVX
NGK Platinum, one colder than stock. Expensive OE-type plug: PFR7G
NGK Copper, one colder than stock: BKR7E (I run these)

-Pace

·
Thinking Man's Engine
3,013 Posts
Toyota uses iridium plugs in many of the cars & trucks sold in the US.

There goes the..."if iridiums are so good, why don't car manufacturers use them" argument

·
5,799 Posts
cnk said:
The Vishnu kit comes with NGK 2387 BKR7ES-11 spark plugs that are 1 stage colder than stock.

Calvin
It should go without saying, but make sure to gap any new plugs you purchase. The -11 designation specs a factory gap that is much, much wider than OE spec.

-Pace

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
tan said:
Toyota uses iridium plugs in many of the cars & trucks sold in the US.

There goes the..."if iridiums are so good, why don't car manufacturers use them" argument
My '01 IS300 came stock with Iridium plugs...

Aloha,
Richard...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ditto with a Honda CBR600f4i. Thank god for the NGK spnsorship. At $12 a piece, i'm glad I'm not paying for them. I have noticed too that they are just as suceptible to fouling as regular plugs.

Alin

·
Thinking Man's Engine
3,013 Posts
Craig Paisely's Supra uses HKS (Denso manufactured) Iridium plugs. Luckily for his sponsorship

·
Registered
231 Posts
from what i know, the iridiums won't do much unless you have upgraded performance parts. like more boost, fuel, etc. with a UTEC, where you can mess with the timing, the iridiums will really help (as i was told).

i currently have the Denso iridiums and have noticed nothing significant, but then again, i haven't dynoed my car nor have i added much of anything except for an MBC.

i got mine for $30 from someone in the i-club. it was never used.

jason

·
Registered
318 Posts
actually, i got the ngk iridiums and noticed that the drop off i had after 5,000 rpms was dramatically reduced and it pulls harder at higher speeds. Just to give a testimonial for you guys.

·
Registered
318 Posts
actually , they're pretty easy to get to with the right extension

[gratitude] Thanks the guy who invented wobles [gratitude/]

·
Registered
265 Posts
pace said:

It should go without saying, but make sure to gap any new plugs you purchase. The -11 designation specs a factory gap that is much, much wider than OE spec.

-Pace
What does gapping mean?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Gapping is adjusting the space between the electrode and terminal on the spark plug. The space determines the amount of spark and power you get from the spark.

Calvin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts