ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone else is having connectivity problems using your ipod touch. (mine is a 1st generation running on the latest firmware)

Here's what happens for me. Sometimes when I turn my car on, it claims my USB is not connected even tho my ipod is connected to the usb. This is starting to happen more frequently. The only way it usually gets solved is if I unplug the usb cord and re plug it in.

I'm fairly sure this isn't supposed to happen. Anyone else having this problem?

My car: WRX 2011 Premium Non-Navi. (everything is stock on my car and my car is only 2 months old)

I have tried reinstalling the firmware and putting all my songs back on, but that did not work.

Could this be faulty wiring on the usb port?

Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone else is having connectivity problems using your ipod touch. (mine is a 1st generation running on the latest firmware)

Here's what happens for me. Sometimes when I turn my car on, it claims my USB is not connected even tho my ipod is connected to the usb. This is starting to happen more frequently. The only way it usually gets solved is if I unplug the usb cord and re plug it in.

I'm fairly sure this isn't supposed to happen. Anyone else having this problem?

My car: WRX 2011 Premium Non-Navi. (everything is stock on my car and my car is only 2 months old)

I have tried reinstalling the firmware and putting all my songs back on, but that did not work.

Could this be faulty wiring on the usb port?

Thanks
Could be your USB cable, especially if you're running it through the center console to the cupholders. I've destroyed a charging cable and a couple 3.5mm stereo cables due to the lid of the console clamping down on them.

I'd try a new cable before you go to the dealer because there's a good chance they could just try one of their cables and it might work fine.

Do the 1st gens have bluetooth?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the 1st generation ipod touches do not have bluetooth. The cable is brand new literally. I have never crushed it with the lid either. I just leave it in the compartment behind the cup holder...

Any other suggestions?

You think I should test it with an actual flash drive that has music on it?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've had the same problem with connectivity to my ipod- I'm pretty sure that it only happened when starting on really cold mornings when I had left the ipod hooked up in the center console overnight. The temperature seems to kill my ipod battery- now that it's warmed back up the past week I haven't had any problems

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
I, too, have had it happen several times with my Ipod 160G Classic. Each time its just an unplug/replug situation, and its back working fine. I wish it didn't happen, but it is not often enough for me to care about tracking it down. I figure its SOP for electronics anyway.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm so it's not just me... I guess when I take my car in for the first oil change I'll tell them about it.. see if they know anything about it...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also have the first gen 16g, with no problems so far... Had my car for about a month and a 1/2. No idea what firmware is on it, it always stays in whatever car, it's probably the latest because I can't imagine them still coming out with updates for it.

I would test it with a usb drive with music if you haven't already. Trouble shouting is the only way to know whats wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts