ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I was wondering has anyone got a mounting kit / recommend a good mounting kit so you can have your iPad in your car?

Pics would be awesome!

·
Registered
189 Posts
that looks interesting not sure if i would want to leave the iPad in my car all the time, or have to take it out every time i parked my car

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interim mounts...

Hey, yeah I have seen that... It seems a bit bulky... but get the ipad is pretty big for the Dash in a rex. Have you guys seen any interim mounts... What do you think about this one:

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
I'd imagine there are some pretty hefty liability reasons why scosche has not released that yet. ... As he said in the vid.. last thing you want is some dolt surfing the web or god forbid facebooking and crashing into something/someone...

Though part of me really wants to play around with voice controls on something like that. Would be pretty sweet to have a completely voice controlled media/nav system.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
This is really old, but check out this guy's dashboard in his MR2. Shows what a lot of patience and know how can do:

MR2 Digital Dash

For me, and iPad mount only makes sense if it's integral to the console and controls all the HVAC, etc. That would be cool, but then I'd miss the tactile controls that let me adjust the stereo, HVAC, lights, etc without moving my eyes off the road. 10.1" is hard to work with (Giggity). I think fitting a Nook Color or 7" Galaxy Tab would be a lot easier to integrate into the center console.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
This is really old, but check out this guy's dashboard in his MR2. Shows what a lot of patience and know how can do:

MR2 Digital Dash

For me, and iPad mount only makes sense if it's integral to the console and controls all the HVAC, etc. That would be cool, but then I'd miss the tactile controls that let me adjust the stereo, HVAC, lights, etc without moving my eyes off the road. 10.1" is hard to work with (Giggity). I think fitting a Nook Color or 7" Galaxy Tab would be a lot easy to integrate.
I've seen that before.. its effin beautiful!! That dash haunted my dreams its so nice lol. I had thoughts of grandeur thinking I might one day do that in the merkur I had. I ended up building a cluster out of autometer gauges and calling it a day (granted that looked/worked awesome too.. but not all nightrider super tight like the mr2)

I have a mac mini kickin around that would be a wicked carputer..... hmm... but problem I see is that there are so many head unit designs out there now that work really well so why build one that gets close but doesn't do all when you can just about buy one for cheaper that has everything you'd need in a car already?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Yeah, the level of detail in that build is absolutely incredible. It's the only car I know of that has a "CPU Utilization" gauge on the dash. :rotfl:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah that is a crazy dash kit! Looks awesome! I have got some products comming and will post up a pic once I get it all set up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts