Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering which exhaust system I should get for my 04 STi. I am only doing light mods and am split between the Invidia Turbo-back system & the Turboxs turbo back titanium muffler system (both catless). Basically I want the one that gives me more power obviously, but also important is which one gives the least amount of turbo-lag, so your responces are very appriciated.

P.S. I say cat-less for the Turboxs one because I figure with only the one high-flow cat I still wont be able to pass emissions tests (live in Virginia) , am I wrong here?!?!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
responce

One last important question, can you put the Invidia Muffler onto the Turboxs exhaust system? If this is possible that is exatly what I think I want.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
You can w/ a cataback adapeter. $$$

I would vote full invidia turboback, it's absolutley beautiful and performs incredible and sounds magnificent.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks for the reply cause Im pretty sure Im gonna get the Invidia turbo back with the stainless steel downpipe and the full titanium cat back, it just looks awesome. does anyone know where to get this exhaust, i know vividracing.com carries it but are there any other sites that do to?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Get it from flatfour . they have the best price around . Ask for joe . I got mine from him for a very good deal . Best exhaust I have ever owned . I would definately buy one again if I had to start over again from scratch !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hey dizastical what is the highest psi you can push outta the stock turbo? Is 16.5psi good for daily driving with your set up?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Re: reply

Alex Price said:
Hey dizastical what is the highest psi you can push outta the stock turbo? Is 16.5psi good for daily driving with your set up?
I ran 16.5-17.00 . That is a good range to be in . Any more than that is just unuseable boost because the turbo is maxed out . Keep in mind that 17.00 psi only holds to about 5700-6000 rpm and then falls off to about 13.5-14.00 psi by redline . The VF-39 turbo just cant hold boost . I have put on a VF-22 since then but the car is not finished so I have not driven it yet . Hopefully the VF-22 wont fall on its face at redline . Thanx . Dave

·
Registered
170 Posts
Does the Invidia cat back come with a silencer or does it not need one? From the pics it doesn't look like one could be used. I plan on runnning catless so I might want to control noise sometimes.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Mine came with one, it needs one on highway trips IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts