ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, looking to go stage 2 here very soon and i am going to order from Kronos. Im torn between an invidia q300 exhaust with a dual tips or a perrin exhaust with quad tips. Any preferences or thoughts on the two? ive looked up videos to see what they should sound like but want other opinions

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
I've never heard the perrin...I do like the q300 but it's a bit raspy. What kind of sound are you looking for?

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im looking for something on the loud side, but not ricey and not n1. Just something to give the car a good sound that can be heard or something with a rumble. Ive looked up videos on youtube and from what i heard i liked both exhausts, they sounded similar

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
You need to hear exhausts in person. Are there local meets you can attend?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I have the Q300 and love it. The fit is perfect and it's not too loud. It's quad tip as well if that sways your opinion any.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need to hear exhausts in person. Are there local meets you can attend?
There are some but I never catch them on time, so ill try to get out to them

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the Q300 and love it. The fit is perfect and it's not too loud. It's quad tip as well if that sways your opinion any.
The one on his site though only has one tip on each side, unless the pic is wrong

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
11blackwrx said:
There are some but I never catch them on time, so ill try to get out to them
You ever banged a girl when you had beer goggles? Advice on forums / viewing video clips are both kinda similar...

You could wake up the day after wondering why you brought that home (on the positive side, you probably won't have a burning sensation when you pee on top of it) :sadwave:

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
SPT has a decent louder sound to it when you open it up...Spirited09wrx has a Perrin exhaust, but its a Sedan as well...

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
The one on his site though only has one tip on each side, unless the pic is wrong
if you say KronosPerformance 3 times fast like candyman he will show up and tell you which version he has or both in stock.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ive sent him messages to ask and he suggested the perrin, but i know the invidia is a popular exhaust as well

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have the Q300 and heard the Perrin and it does sound good but it's very expensive.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i just ordered my q300 thru a vendor off nasioc boston motorsports i got it shipped for 780 i just told them another vendor offered it for that price and they matched it best price i have found i have a 2012 sedan .....now i have to wait untill april to get my car....might want to check out nasioc vendors deals i just started emailing all of them asking for prices they are very good about getting back to you fast

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I just found out about Boston motor sports and they have a good deal on a stage 2 kit

·
Registered
236 Posts
they really do and they will give you a good price i just ordered my ra flaps from them only paid 165 shipped they will beat anyones price and they ship fast

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah im leaning towards the q300 but wanna hear them in person first before I make a decision

·
Registered
236 Posts
i live in the middle of nowhere on an airforce base no meets around me and no new wrxs to listen to so i just took a chance the worse thing i have heard is there alittle on the quit side but still have a great rumble i can always go with a down pipe latter if i wanted it louder... the tips look great and fill the bumper nicely ..i had a q300 on my mini and it sounded great and was made very well so i just went for it .....now i just have to wait for the car

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im sure the q300 will sound good, a lot of people have them. I just wanna be sure and since I can go to a meet, might as well

1 - 20 of 32 Posts