ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all you knowledgeable guys out there. i just had an invidia n1 race cbe and invidia bellmouth catless dp installed on my sti yesterday and it sounds great for the most part. low end is super deep and rumbly, but when i hit around 4500-5500 to redline it gets somewhat raspy, and only if i pin the throttle. if i gradually make my way up to that rpm range, it's just as deep and rumbly, if not more than at the low end. i have no header so its not an equal length issue. my buddy has a 2006 sti with my same setup and it's deep throughout the whole powerband. any ideas what it could be? i spent a sizable amount of money on my parts/install/tune and this is not what it's supposed to be. anyone have ANY ideas of what this is and how to fix it? should i take it to my local subaru shop (not dealer of course), or what? thanks a lot guys.

·
Registered
114 Posts
hmm thats weird. i say check and see what kind of boost you guys are making around that rpm.

oh wait you have an 2007 sti right? Errr well i dont know how safe it it to run the 07 sti with a catless exhaust. Cobb says thats a big no no.

But overall if anything you have he 07 and he has the 06 sti. You both have different turbo;s his is vf-39 yours is vf-43.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm thats weird. i say check and see what kind of boost you guys are making around that rpm.

oh wait you have an 2007 sti right? Errr well i dont know how safe it it to run the 07 sti with a catless exhaust. Cobb says thats a big no no.

But overall if anything you have he 07 and he has the 06 sti. You both have different turbo;s his is vf-39 yours is vf-43.
catless is only an issue with the cobb ots maps is what worldone told me so idk... i'm gonna change the restrictor pill anyway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts