Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have a stock 2017 and was wondering if anyone was running this exhaust set up (Invidia Gemini Single Layer Cat Back Exhaust w/Titanium Burnt Tips
MODEL # INV HS15STIGM4ST
Manufacturer Part # HS15STIGM4ST) just wanted to get some info/feedback on it. Anything would be helpful and if anyone recomends something else please post away! I really hate the stock exhaust and the invidia q300 i think is too quite so looking for options.

·
I Drink & I Know Things
1,906 Posts
I'm also not a huge fan of the Q300 on the FA motor. (or the stock for that matter)
However, I'm not familiar with your choice. I went with the ETS 'quiet' CBE w/ resonator. It sounds great IMHO. There's no drone and it has a nice progressive volume to it the more you get on it. I found it very difficult to finally make a decision. It took me about a year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thnx ya im really leaning towards the invidia because of the 4" tips? but the ETS xtreme resonated catback was also one of my first options.

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
ETS Catback sounds, looks, and is built great.

Edit: Originally thought you meant the FULL titanium $2,000 exhaust. Invidia is a quality exhaust.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So i got it (Invidia)for $989.00 i could not pass it up at that price. The gripe i had with ETS is that they are charging me for basically stainless steel pipes without a resonator for $ 1200. It seemed a little pricy for no resonator and no muffler.

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
So i got it (Invidia)for $989.00 i could not pass it up at that price. The gripe i had with ETS is that they are charging me for basically stainless steel pipes without a resonator for $ 1200. It seemed a little pricy for no resonator and no muffler.
That's a good deal. It's actually only $915 on SMY right now. https://www.smyperformance.com/invi...tanium-tip-cat-back-exhaust-2015-wrx-sti.html

With ETS, you're not just paying for pipes, you're paying for an exhaust made in the US with V-Band connections ,and hand executed TIG welds, vs. Taiwanese or Korean robot welds and bolt flanges on the invidia.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a good deal. It's actually only $915 on SMY right now. https://www.smyperformance.com/invi...tanium-tip-cat-back-exhaust-2015-wrx-sti.html

With ETS, you're not just paying for pipes, you're paying for an exhaust made in the US with V-Band connections ,and hand executed TIG welds, vs. Taiwanese or Korean robot welds and bolt flanges on the invidia.
Thanks again for the info, the exhaust just shipped so il see if i made a bad decision or not soon! Il try to post a before/after vid clip stock vs invidia. Thanks again for the help and advice once again its much appreciated!

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
Thanks again for the info, the exhaust just shipped so il see if i made a bad decision or not soon! Il try to post a before/after vid clip stock vs invidia. Thanks again for the help and advice once again its much appreciated!
No problem at all. I'm sure you'll enjoy the exhaust!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts