ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My real name is Jeff and I live in Boston, I just joined the forum and wanted to say hi to everyone.

This is one of my first posts in this forum, but i've worked extensivly with lots of the local shops and people in the business in boston.

IMHO The best shops in boston are:

Tunning:
KTR Performance - These guys did my ECUTEK flash, I made 204 after Franz's tunning after i had been making only 186 on the COBB stage 2. The whole shop is beatiful and if your a car nut its almost worth a day trip there for the guided Tour

Parts and Installs:
Pro-Spec Performance in Quincy - Talk to Andy there. They are extremly knowlegeable about WRX's there, have very fair pricing and all of their wrench work is top notch.

Paint and Body: I'll have to get back to you guys on this one, my car is just about to enter a brand new body shop that will open next month owned by a friend of mine, if the results are good - i'll give them my recomendation

Sound & Video: Tweeter on Com ave. I know this sounds funny recomending a tweeter, but if you go down there and look at the cars in their work bay, you will be amazed. For some reason this place has two of the best installers around, capible of custom fabricating any type of system you want. I got my Sound system, Alarm, and radar and laser detector/jammer there. Talk to Jeff their, Tell him the other Jeff sent you.

Oh yea, and in case some of you might have seen me, i'm the 2004 WRB WRX thats been debadged with those crazy bright HID's and the Greddy Exhaust.

Nice to meet you all,

-J

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jammer is pretty hot. Last ticket i got I know the guy hit me with a laser, but still had to check estimated. Since it was only 50 in a 35 i believe i'll get off because the margin of error in the cop estimating is pretty large...... The whole system has already saved me countless times. The passport 8500 controls everything and its been great by me. I have it hard mounted right above my rear view mirror and installed the mute switch in one of the empty switch banks to the left of the steering wheel.

I will have this setup on every fast car i own from now on.

-J

·
Registered
460 Posts
i was curious to know what type of performance mods did Pro-Spec install in your car? I'm a little hesitant to go to them for installs since they take your car and drive it somewhere to get your parts installed, I'm not one to just hand over my keys and not know where my car is going and who is working on it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pro-spec did my up pipe, downpipe, cat back, Deadbolt Turbo, Rims, and sway bars. The Garage they bring it to is still their garage, its just not on site.

Like i said before, all the wrench work is top notch, and they even ask you to come in for a follow up after a week or two after they do any major work to check it all out nad make sure its running right.

Hell the owner himself installed my deadbolt turbo while i was next door grabbing a pizza, and the price was so good i don't think i can even post it here

:D

-J

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
What's up Jeff... welcome!

I dyno'd 171.3 as a cobb stage 1 on KTR... going to go back soon in my current stage 2, if I'm only putting down 186 I'll be shocked it feels a whole lot more then 15hp after a downpipe and samco's and sti catback and reflash. Anyhow, perhaps the new stage 2 map will get me at least into the 190's.

Cheers, we'll see you around.

-tp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts