ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: We never got a chance to race and we never will, he traded his car for a ford focus.

My friend keeps talking trash since he got his back from the shop. Hes got a 88 5.0 and before he had a 302 and i smoked him all day long in my 06 stg 2 wrx. Well he got some work done: 302 bored to a 306, keith black pistons, new bearings and rods, full exhaust, headers, X pipe, mild cam.

I rode in it a few days ago and it reall didnt feel like much changed. He keeps telling me hes gonna pwn me and a friend of mine who drives a Z06. He thinks hes pushing over 300RWHP. I still dont think he can beat me and I know for sure he wont take the vette either. So what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Theres no chance of touching the Z06:rotfl: but the race between stg 2 wrx and the mustang might be good from a roll, IDK. you would still leave him on a dig:screwy: thats just IMO. Race him at the track and see whats up.:wiggles:

·
Registered
494 Posts
My friend keeps talking trash since he got his back from the shop. Hes got a 88 5.0 and before he had a 302 and i smoked him all day long in my 06 stg 2 wrx. Well he got some work done: 302 bored to a 306, keith black pistons, new bearings and rods, full exhaust, headers, X pipe, mild cam.

I rode in it a few days ago and it reall didnt feel like much changed. He keeps telling me hes gonna pwn me and a friend of mine who drives a Z06. He thinks hes pushing over 300RWHP. I still dont think he can beat me and I know for sure he wont take the vette either. So what do you guys think?
He only thinks he is pushing over 300 RWHP? He did that work and didnt throw it onto a dyno? That doesn't make too much sense to me although I might be a moron.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He only thinks he is pushing over 300 RWHP? He did that work and didnt throw it onto a dyno? That doesn't make too much sense to me although I might be a moron.
The shop doesnt have a dyno and i dont think he will go to another place.

·
SuperNova
11,905 Posts
Depends on heads, intake mani and cam. I've watched my friends old 5.0 with 306 and the competition Holley systemax kit do some damage. It'd be a game of traction.

If his heads are stock, he has no chance.

When we did the 347 stroker, he kept the holley heads but had larger valves fitted. Then the thing was a monster. Definitely no traction with out street radials, and even then it wasn't very good. We did race a built SC'd 03 Z06 (IIRC he was 600ish HP) and were neck and neck until he grabbed traction top of 3rd.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
PJO42387 said:
yup, he honestly thinks he can beat a Z06.
Put money on the Z06 and at least get paid when you laugh your @$$ off at your friend :p

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Depends on heads, intake mani and cam. I've watched my friends old 5.0 with 306 and the competition Holley systemax kit do some damage. It'd be a game of traction.

If his heads are stock, he has no chance.

When we did the 347 stroker, he kept the holley heads but had larger valves fitted. Then the thing was a monster. Definitely no traction with out street radials, and even then it wasn't very good. We did race a built SC'd 03 Z06 (IIRC he was 600ish HP) and were neck and neck until he grabbed traction top of 3rd.
His heads are stock thats why im thinkin i can beat him again. So you think its a for sure thing? He wants to put a 100 on it lol.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not that it matters AT ALL, but is it a C5 or C6 ZO6? If it's a C6, does he know that car as over 500hp:screwy: What's his 300 gonna do from a roll or a dig............get smoked probably!!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not that it matters AT ALL, but is it a C5 or C6 ZO6? If it's a C6, does he know that car as over 500hp:screwy: What's his 300 gonna do from a roll or a dig............get smoked probably!!
its a 2002 z06 completly stock

·
SuperNova
11,905 Posts
His heads are stock thats why im thinkin i can beat him again. So you think its a for sure thing? He wants to put a 100 on it lol.
Depends how long he wants too race for. Anything longer than the 1320, he'll catch up (higher avg power), and don't frumaroll. Stop light to stop light hes gonna loose being that traction is a factor. Your 60 ft is around 1.7-1.9 his 60 ft probably in the 2.2+ range.

A warmed over 306 sees about 250-310CHP on avg with those mods that I've seen. Remember the 5.0l GT only came with 220CHP stock. I know of a 95 5.0l with heads, cam, intake, FP, injectors,protune only puttin down 340whp. Heads make a huge difference on the 5.0l, so does the intake mani. I highly doubt hes at 300rwhp without them. Search his car for a bottle though ;).

·
SuperNova
11,905 Posts
its a 2002 z06 completly stock
02 z06 = 405CHP stock with many puttin 380+whp (some get 400whp) down from factory. With cheater slicks, a good driver, and traction control turned off on a cold day they are 11.7-12.2 stock. With street tires they are all over the place time wise.

In short he has no chance with that car.

·
Registered
305 Posts
^^^^^^^^^ Exactly. He has no chance either way. Is your friend knowledgable about cars? Becasue if he was he would know he has no chance aganist the vette

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
blah blah blah tell him to put his money where his mouth is and race already. Preferably in a deserted parking lot somewhere to be safe.

My money is on the Z06.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
the z06 has Falken's...azenis I believe.

PJ, do yourself a favor and keep it off the street. the popo don't like you, remember?:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
don't worry about it dude....i'm only stage 1 cobb on an 04 rex and i've raced 4 different 5.0's and they can't pull away from me. they don't have that extensive of work done to them i dont think but they sure weren't stock either....and remember....i'm only stage 1! haha

either way enjoy and be safe....sure miss the sound my 5.0 made!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts