ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I have an 07 wrx with about 166k km on it. A couple of months ago my car started over heating intermittently, (seemed to only over heat when I was driving in 2nd or 4th gear, very strange,) then I found a cracked hose and that was leaking coolant. Replaced the hose, topped up my radiator and everything seemed fine.

Cut to Jan 10 I notice a small amount of steam coming from my hood and after investigation I found a bit of moisture around where the plastic meets the aluminum, tried some stop leak but it didn't work, acouple days later as i was pulling to my house it started over heating again and when i stopped to check under the hood i saw coolant pouring out but couldn't find a leak or anywhere it could have been coming from, topped up the coolant, drove around a bit to try and find the leak again but it wouldn't go, seemed like the leak fixed itself, then it happened again...

Im super confused as to what is going on, if anyone has any info they can shoot my was it would be very much appreciated

Stephen,

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,568 Posts
You have a serious coolant leak that is dependent upon vibrations to manifest — for the time being. Park the car and fix the leak or you risk losing the motor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts