Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to paint my defi gauge pod to match the original silver interior paint. There has to be a simple, low cost solution and aomebody:confused: out there knows what it is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pretty Close Match

I've found Duplicolor "DSFM 226 SILVER M" to be the closest thing to a match to the PSM Exterior paint or the simulated brushed aluminum on the interior. If used for exterior also shoot it with a coat of Duplicolor Clear Coat. Try to take your time and use multiple light coats for the best finish. This stuff is not removable so try it out on a junk piece of plastic that is close in color to what you want to paint. This will give you an idea if it will match or not. Just in case it doesn't you won't ruin your Pod and your only out $4.50 (it may be cheaper where you live. I am in Alaska) for the paint.

Joe

·
Registered
779 Posts
I used (forgot the brand of paint) color was stainless steel and it matched pretty much perfectly. I'll write the brand when I get home because I kept the paint. I'll also post pictures of it against the interior silver pieces.

;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Interior colors

go to your local hobby shop, get testor model master metalizer lacquer. Aluminum Plate (1451), and metalizer sealer (1459), and gloss clear lacquer (1961).

apply the aluminum plate multiple fine coats, DO NOT TOUCH OR BUFF. apply the sealer evenly (watch for runs), then when dry apply multiple coats of the clear lacquer. its a perfect match for the interior even the clear coat matches.

I will post a pic when I get my photoshop working, its screwed at the moment

Dan

·
Registered
8 Posts
I forgot one thing

The metalizer takes a long time to fully harden, let it sit for 24 hours then I put it in the sun for about 4 hours before installing it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I used Rustoleum (hard hat)- Stainless Steel. I took some pics of my dash but the software for my camera is totally making my computer crash so I can't download my pictures. I'll try again later.

·
Registered
17 Posts
WR Blue interior paint

Can anyone suggest where to begin concocting a formula for some WR Blue interior paint?

·
Registered
115 Posts
bump

·
Registered
907 Posts
i need the dark grey or was it black interior color, anyone know this color?

·
Registered
907 Posts
the color code for the interior black part of the dash not the silver part...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Interior colors

skubsnak said:
go to your local hobby shop, get testor model master metalizer lacquer. Aluminum Plate (1451), and metalizer sealer (1459), and gloss clear lacquer (1961).

its a perfect match for the interior even the clear coat matches.
I tried this exact setup, trying to match my autometer bezel. It's close, but not the "perfect match". The testor paint comes out lighter than the stock aluminum color. Will post up pics.

·
Registered
39 Posts
WR Blue...

Go to www.paintworldinc.com for stuff like that. I ordered a couple color matched aerosol cans of WRB(to do the interior with) a bottle of touch up paint, two cans of clearcoat, and two cans of primer and with shiping it was like 60 bucks. I will post pics of the interior when its done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
paint interior

i,ve removed my interior and brought it to a carpainter whit some plasticprimer he used normale carpaint en its no problem

1 - 19 of 19 Posts