Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was measuring the inside of my car to see if I could buy an 80" door at Home Depot and transport it home in the WRX.
I wondered if it would fit with the trunk closed. With front seats up close to the wheel I got 75-76." So it will not fit.

Then I thought I'd measure the Forester because I'd have to take it instead of my WRX. Guess what?
Almost exactly the same length from back of front seats to inside of hatch gate!!! (75-76")

I couldn't believe it. I thought for sure the Forester was longer and could haul more than my WRX.
But, while it is indeed longer overall and the hatch gives it more interior volume, it can not fit things
any "LONGER" inside than the WRX can.

:dontknow::dontknow:

·
Æternum
15,864 Posts
Forester has always been based on the Impreza chassis. Same wheelbase and general dimensions with a little more height ergo slight bump in interior volume.

Outback is based on the Legacy platform = more length.

·
Æternum
15,864 Posts
while it is indeed longer overall and the hatch gives it more interior volume, it can not fit things
any "LONGER" inside than the WRX can.
Perhaps it's time to get that tape measure calibrated...

·
Registered
171 Posts
This is why the Forester XT is a really cool car. Wrx engine gives it tons of pep, but it's got cozy room for days. I think car & driver..or somebody ran it against a cvt WRX and it only lost 0-60 by like .2. Lost the 1/8 by like .4.

Pretty impressive for a mommobile

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps it's time to get that tape measure calibrated...
No. Time to get brain calibrated. Did not measure or look up lengths. Just park them in the same place sometimes and need more space for forester. But looking at it now, that is because of hatch opening adds about 1 foot and hitch adds a little when I don't remove it.

Just goes to show how perceptions can be different from data. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts